No announcement yet.

Here’s my rough draft of my First Mage Character

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That depends a lot on the setting and intended story arc.

Could be anything from stumbling into some active Infrastructure in time to see a cult offering (human sacrifice?) or an Occult Matrix go off to seeing Grandad being attacked by Angels and dragged off to to reclamation facility. It depends, at least in part, on the Machine. Ideally we want something transitory, so that if Sophia goes back there the trail is cold (and the ST doesn't have to justify it). So an Angelic summoning or a CC facility might work best, though catching Elimination in action would also work well.
    Yeah, Elimination might be the best, because the ST might use it later that way to remove "Mysteries" that no longer serve the Machine or worse, prove to be a threat. Angels also provide similar story fodder.

Though I do like the idea of it being traumatic. Especially if there is a personal connection. Makes it easier to spin into her mental issues that way, especially if no one believes her.

But back on track...Sophia wouldn't know it by it's category if it is Infrastructure and not some angelic action. She would think of it as the incident at (the old playground/swimming hole/new McDonalds/etc).
    And now I can't help but feel that maybe...

the gears need blood, she finds them slowing, the babysitter goes to the little girl and cautions her away from the danger, the gears need blood, something moves by quickly can't see it, the gears need blood, the babysitter stumbled falls, the gears have their blood.

Personal connection, official accident, no sign of the angel that frightened the two (Sophia and the babysitter) and seed for trauma. Now you just have to pick a (mildly) dangerous place to fall where a kid could get too.

Still...there is a more boring option. It isn't Grandad who made the deal. Maybe Mummy or Daddy had to make a promise to someone to ensure their middle class lifestyle (or even get it in the first place), 7 (or any number) years later and the bill comes due and baby Sophia is a little different. Less story potential though.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Originally posted by FallenEco View Post
      That depends a lot on the setting and intended story arc.

Could be anything from stumbling into some active Infrastructure in time to see a cult offering (human sacrifice?) or an Occult Matrix go off to seeing Grandad being attacked by Angels and dragged off to to reclamation facility. It depends, at least in part, on the Machine. Ideally we want something transitory, so that if Sophia goes back there the trail is cold (and the ST doesn't have to justify it). So an Angelic summoning or a CC facility might work best, though catching Elimination in action would also work well.
      Yeah, Elimination might be the best, because the ST might use it later that way to remove "Mysteries" that no longer serve the Machine or worse, prove to be a threat. Angels also provide similar story fodder.

Though I do like the idea of it being traumatic. Especially if there is a personal connection. Makes it easier to spin into her mental issues that way, especially if no one believes her.

But back on track...Sophia wouldn't know it by it's category if it is Infrastructure and not some angelic action. She would think of it as the incident at (the old playground/swimming hole/new McDonalds/etc).
      And now I can't help but feel that maybe...

the gears need blood, she finds them slowing, the babysitter goes to the little girl and cautions her away from the danger, the gears need blood, something moves by quickly can't see it, the gears need blood, the babysitter stumbled falls, the gears have their blood.

Personal connection, official accident, no sign of the angel that frightened the two (Sophia and the babysitter) and seed for trauma. Now you just have to pick a (mildly) dangerous place to fall where a kid could get too.

Still...there is a more boring option. It isn't Grandad who made the deal. Maybe Mummy or Daddy had to make a promise to someone to ensure their middle class lifestyle (or even get it in the first place), 7 (or any number) years later and the bill comes due and baby Sophia is a little different. Less story potential though.
      1.Why would a Offspring be Dragged to a Reclamation center?

And 2. I think her Encounter with the GM have something to do with the Cold?

Or when Camping Out she couldn’t Go to sleep because Her family Forget Her pills.

.while Trying to go to bed She heard something and went to investigate. And saw a bunch of Flashing lights On the other side of the campsite She Stared at them hypnoticly for what seemed like about Half a Hour.
      Last edited by Konradleijon; 02-16-2019, 12:44 PM.

Comment

1) it was Grandad (the demon) getting dragged off in that scenario.

2) That works just as well. How old was she?

Comment

1 that’s good.

2. IDK sometime in her childhood I guess 12. Also the reason for does Flashing lights was to program the animals to be Docile to some people and Hostile to others.

Comment

Interesting...

Do you need anymore help, your do you have enough?

I admit, I'm curious about her Stigmata...

Comment

I could always use more help.

And Maybe Some Flashing lights?

Do you have any ideas?

Comment

She functioned as a receiver and data lockbox. Data could be sent to her and was theoretically supposed to be hermetically secured inside her mind. Having that occcult information in her head still ended up having weird effects on her psyche though which manifested in her obsession with dying (Exacerbating her already morbid depression) and cold winter conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrmdubois View Post
                  She functioned as a receiver and data lockbox. Data could be sent to her and was theoretically supposed to be hermetically secured inside her mind. Having that occcult information in her head still ended up having weird effects on her psyche though which manifested in her obsession with dying (Exacerbating her already morbid depression) and cold winter conditions.
                  Good idea for character development, but not a glitch/Stigmata. There needs to be a manifestation that can be noticed. Perhaps her eyes glow slightly (dying glowstick level of light) in pluses that correspond to the data in some way.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenEco View Post

Good idea for character development, but not a glitch/Stigmata. There needs to be a manifestation that can be noticed. Perhaps her eyes glow slightly (dying glowstick level of light) in pluses that correspond to the data in some way.
                    Both of does are great ideas!

Maybe She can Subconsciously use her Knowledge sometimes.

And Flashing Glowstick eyes Great

Comment

Originally posted by Mrmdubois View Post
                      There’ll be even more on it in SoS.
                      What is SoS?

Comment

Originally posted by MarquisMark View Post

What is SoS?
                        Signs of Sorcery I believe.

Comment

Working...
                        X