Magic as a learning aid

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magic as a learning aid

I was wondering what kinds of ideas people have for using magic too speed up learning times for skills and learned merits.

Ideas I have had are using body control too need fewer breaks when working out, and preventing overexertion. Another would be using mind 3 repeatedly too temporarily learn a skill to practice with in the hopes it will bleed over.

I am most interested in tricks that use low levels of arcana, as its new mages who often need the most help in raising skills and merits.

Originally posted by cubleds View Post
    I am most interested in tricks that use low levels of arcana, as its new mages who often need the most help in raising skills and merits.
    New mages generally have access to more experienced mages; it's called out in at least the Arrow book that it's standard training procedure to have an experienced Thyrsus on hand to patch people up.

I think for Brawl and Weaponry that's a really important point because it means you can fight at a much higher intensity.

Comment

One Mind, Two Thoughts

Many time shenanigans.

Spirits, goetia or ghosts with powers influencing learning.

Forces Transmission can give you global in your head internet access and the ability to take online classes.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

New mages generally have access to more experienced mages; it's called out in at least the Arrow book that it's standard training procedure to have an experienced Thyrsus on hand to patch people up.

I think for Brawl and Weaponry that's a really important point because it means you can fight at a much higher intensity.
        Yeah. They basically beat the hell out of each other and then just either use life or pattern restoration to fix the damage. They also mention that Life can be used to restore and refresh a person (Life 3). Spending reach has the effect on some healing spells of the effects of removing fatigue and lack of food and water so a person could run or exercise to exhaustion and then just cast a spell to fix it. If their really wimpy they could even use mind or something so they don't notice how tired they are (very dangerous) High intensity work out that is easy as hell (but may kill them)

Time can also be used in obvious ways.

Astral planes can be a big help. There is no risk of dying there so you can train pretty much any skill in there. You don't even need mind to get there. Just a demense (from the same path) or strong hollow and a quick explanation. Almost like a holodeck in star trek though a bit harder to modify. Just as long as they exercise in the real world so their body can catch up. 1e had a magic item in the Astral Planes book that made it so one hour in the real world was an hour in the astral planes. Cast a spell to bring some books in with you and you can do a ton of training in a short time.
        Last edited by Margul; 03-24-2019, 12:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X