Mage 1st Edition Print Run Differences

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mage 1st Edition Print Run Differences

This is kind of a collector question, but I’m interested if anyone here knows the answer to this, as my google-fu has failed me.

I’ve seen versions of the first edition core with the star logo / sticker thing placed on the front cover, while others have it placed on the back, and smaller. The one with the star on the front has a slightly larger font, and the blue metallic finish is a bit darker to my eye.

So my questions are: which was the first printing (I got mine used, so I don’t know what would’ve been in stores when it came out), and are there any text differences between the two? I’m assuming the star-on-front one is the first printing, but that’s completely a guess. There doesn’t seem to be any note of this on the credits page, like there is with the second print run of Requiem.

This is a pretty esoteric question, but any help would be appreciated!

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

VtR: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2ndTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
    Podcast: The Breakup

The Awakening Pentacle is present on the first version of Mage First. Versions post the fact that don't have it.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
    Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
      The Awakening Pentacle is present on the first version of Mage First. Versions post the fact that don't have it.
      Great, that’s what I thought! Thanks!

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

VtR: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2ndTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
      Podcast: The Breakup

Comment

Working...
      X