Storm Riders: Crossover Idea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storm Riders: Crossover Idea

I have an Idea for a crossover and I need some advise. So far the Idea is an Outlaw Biker gang consisting of: Dwayne “Black Thunder” Thunder, a Beast Ugallu/Tyrant whose horror is a Thunderbird; Raiju, a Changeling Elemental/Hunterheart based on a Raiju from Japanese Mythology; and Thor “Raging Storm” Ulfsson, a Werewolf Storm Lord/Rahu. I am also considering adding an Obrimos Mage to the lineup but I am unsure as to which Order (If Any) an Outlaw Biker Mage would be a part of, I am thinking Adamantine Arrow, please let me know what you all think.

If you wanna get really thrilling, and sort of in line with the gang, they might be part of a Nameless Order that centers on the gang. Even wilder is just that they're a solitaire, but honestly even then the combination of elements here almost ensures the're enough resources to at least warrant a low dot Nameless Order, even if you could only barely name it that (Mystery Cult Initiation is your basis for that, if you were wondering.)

If you must dig into a large scale Order, Free Council or Mysterium actually go a long way with the motif and run, and Adamantine Arrow isn't too bad. On the Seer side of things, a low scale Praetorian or Panopticon play neat. If you really wanna get left-handed, a Scelesti could have some real fun.
    Last edited by ArcaneArts; 04-23-2019, 12:32 AM.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
    The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
    Male/neutral pronouns accepted, female pronouns enjoyed.

Comment

Thanks for the input, unfortunately I found out as I was attempting to make the character I really need to reread the Mage book to refresh my memory on all the game mechanics. I was also wondering if you could clear something up for me. As I was writing up the character sheet I chose 3 dots in Forces, 2 dots in Prime, and 1 dot in Life (may change), That being said would I be able to take any 3 rotes I want as long as the highest level spell does not excede the current level of the spells Arcana?

Comment

So long as you had the dots for the rotes? Yep.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)

Comment

Apart from Obrimos, the Storm Keepers also fit the lightning theme, or maybe a Katsinam Suukya attuned to lightning. Another option is to create your own version of the Tamers of Lightning. Because Tamer Legacies exist both within the Orders and as Nameless, that could justify doing their own thing outside of traditional mage society.

But each Order can also justify this unusual party. An Arrow might be under oath and wish to establish mutual defense pacts against their collective enemies. A Mystagoge would want to study and learn from each supernatural right at the source and might request their help collecting rare treasures or exploring ruins. A Free Councilor might want to add them to the faction as new voters or have an ambitious new Techne project that requires their help. A Silver Ladder that is able to lead or even network with many supernaturals is sure to get prestige. Guardians could be helping them while pushing their own secret mission forward or trying to grow their contacts.
          Last edited by KaiserAfini; 04-23-2019, 02:54 PM.

New experiences are the font of creativity, when seeking inspiration, break your routine.

The Agathos Kai Sophos, an Acanthus Legacy of strategists

Comment

In which books could I read more about the Storm Keepers, Katsinam Suukya and Tamers of Lightning?

Comment

Originally posted by Darklander View Post
              In which books could I read more about the Storm Keepers, Katsinam Suukya and Tamers of Lightning?
              That'd be Tome of the Watchtowers for the Storm Keepers and Summoners for the Katsinam Suukya.

The Tamers of Lightning aren't an official thing, but you'd model them on the other elemental Tamer Legacies, which're in Legacies: the Ancient.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

For Katsinam Suukya its Summoners, Storm Keepers in Tome of the Watchtowers. Tamers Legacies can be found in Legacies:The Ancient, Tamers of Lightning are said to exist, but not fleshed out, so you would need to homebrew. Although someone in the forums might have already done that, so its worth a search.

I recommend looking here for a general overviews of Legacies, as well as the books that cover them, it even has the relevant pages:

https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Legacy_(MTAw)

I also suggest looking at the 2ed Legacy conversion thread, it has many of those all set to go.
                Last edited by KaiserAfini; 04-23-2019, 04:53 PM.

New experiences are the font of creativity, when seeking inspiration, break your routine.

Comment

This question is for both Kaiser and Arcane, if one of you had developed this particular Crossover Idea, how would each of you go about fleshing it out?

Comment

This question is for both Kaiser and Arcane, if one of you had developed this particular Crossover Idea, how would each of you go about fleshing it out?
                    As an NPC crew, basis for a story/chronicle, or a preset-character bunch? Like, what's the full context we're playing around with here?
                    Last edited by ArcaneArts; 04-24-2019, 08:38 PM.

Comment

I would have to say basis for a fictional story.

Comment

I would have to say basis for a fictional story.
                        Are they protagonists, deuteragonists, support, or antagonists?

Comment

I am thinking protagonists.

Comment

Lets see, first thing I would do is to boil down the theme into one phrase. Some people use things like music, for example, DaveB based one of his chronicles on over analyzing the lyrics for Soul Cage by Sting. But a phrase keeps it simpler for me, so in this case I would make it "catch lightning in a bottle"

Next I would research the symbolism for lightning. For example, the Adamantine Arrow philosophy is based on the Indian philosophy of Vajrastra, the Thunderbolt Weapons. The Katsinam Suukya are based in Hopi culture, what did lightning mean for them ? What tales do they have ? What did lightning mean in other shamanistic cultures ? Maybe that can help flesh out the werewolf. Mayan mythology is visceral and brutal, so maybe that could be another cool source of inspiration for a shamanic feel. What fae legends involve lightning ? In Japan lightning is considered a symbol of divine punishment, so time to look into Shintoism. And so on, start by looking into what corresponds to a splat. Then add something that goes beyond, like what lightning means in Chinese alchemy.

Next I would use these to help inform who my characters were, assign one of these to each of them (not necessarily the obvious one), figure out who they are, how they got their powers and what "capturing lightning in a bottle" means for each of them. In this process you might also start to define your antagonists. Make them strong in things the character is weak, if your werewolf is a grappling monster, make his rival a charismatic plotter. Their design tenant could be: A mirror reverses and also shows us who we are.

Afterwards I would figure out NPCs and set pieces. Including one big, cool one that it all builds towards, the ultimate desperate struggle where they attempt to "capture lightning in a bottle". Subsequently I would figure plot threads, events and sidequests for building up the individual stories of each character, giving them a chance to be challenged, grow and know each other. Each of those is both the crucible to temper them and one more story that feeds into the path leading to the big set piece. Then I just put everyone in the starting point and let the characters tell me the story, if that makes any sense.

If I felt lost for ideas or not sure how to tackle some of those tasks, I would re-read DaveB's APs: The Broken Diamond and Soul Cage. They contain a lot of amazing storytelling, as well as some excellent commentary from both GM and players.

That would be how I would do it. However, that is for a chronicle sized story, its way too much work for a series of short stories, if that is your objective.

Hope that helps, there are a ton of ways you can go about it.
                            Last edited by KaiserAfini; 04-25-2019, 01:29 AM.

Comment

This is what I have thus far for the Mage member of the Supernatural Outlaw Motorcycle Club The Storm Riders:
                              Tempest "Fulgora" Potenza an Obrimos from the Free Council that was once a Storm Chaser and motorcycle enthusiast that Awakened as the result of a lightning strike that sent her into a week-long coma. Shortly after her Awakening as a mage began obsessing over the existence of other supernatural beings who possessed an affinity for storms, such as the Thunderbird and Raiju from Native American and Japanese mythology respectively. I was thinking of having her obsession for storm based supernaturals has her main reason for joining The Storm Riders. Please let me know what you guys think.

Comment

Working...
                              X