No announcement yet.

Unmaking House Rules

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the op's goal was to help assuage their contention with master v master occassionally regressing into "roll initiative to win"

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet Witch View Post
      I think the op's goal was to help assuage their contention with master v master occassionally regressing into "roll initiative to win"
      Mostly this. As well as if anyone had experience playing 2E on a website where different splats were available. If there were issues between players once a Mage got their "insta-kill" spells or if it proved game breaking.

Comment

Originally posted by Nickpire84 View Post

Mostly this. As well as if anyone had experience playing 2E on a website where different splats were available. If there were issues between players once a Mage got their "insta-kill" spells or if it proved game breaking.
        It always will be but one Ive been considering is a Contagion that focuses on Mages and increases Reach costs unless the Mage is following their obsessions.

Comment

I don’t know if it really breaks the game, but it does tilt it towards Mage’s themes of being the privileged who can be the solution to and the cause of everyone’s problems.

Mages are powerful, but they aren’t omnipotent, and they are a far cry from omniscient. If another splat wants to take them down a simple ambush with a decent gun can be enough. Do it at range with a sniper rifle for even better odds of surviving.

In a multisplat game I’d discourage PvP happening at all, these different monsters are working together for a reason that shouldn’t be sunk by personal differences. In a more living world type game where PvP is s thing that does and can happen, that’s kind of the consequences of tangling with a Mage. Players of other splats ought to plan accordingly. If a Mage starts the Charlie Foxtrot, maybe they get away with it once, or even a few times, but others will come up with a way to settle the score.

That said, if I were going to make a houserule I’d make it similar to the one for Unmaking Ephemeral entities, they’re entitled to a CoW.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrmdubois View Post
            That said, if I were going to make a houserule I’d make it similar to the one for Unmaking Ephemeral entities, they’re entitled to a CoW.
            And unlike standard CoW rules for ephemerals they get to roll Power+Finesse which is extremely potent. Masters obviously already have at least 10 dice, but any ephemeral entity worth Unmaking will easily be able to match that. Especially if you give them a turn to boost one of those Attributes first.

Bloodline: The Stygians
            Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
            Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Working...
            X