Signs of Sorcery is in proofing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signs of Sorcery is in proofing

I figure the book is mere weeks from release.

Lets just hope that proof is not the Nemesis Continuum. But otherwise these are excellent news.

New experiences are the font of creativity, when seeking inspiration, break your routine.

The Agathos Kai Sophos, an Acanthus Legacy of strategists

Comment

EEEEEEEEEE!!!

I AM SO READY FOR THIS! GIMOIRES! METAL! AEDES! SOURED AWAKENINGS! AAAAHH!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet Witch View Post
        EEEEEEEEEE!!!

I AM SO READY FOR THIS! GIMOIRES! METAL! AEDES! SOURED AWAKENINGS! AAAAHH!
        Ward the premises, call the Votaries, have the Stewards double check the omens, I want Onikaze patrolling the Athaneum 24h a day !

The grimmoire is almost completed. The previews looked awesome, I am very hyped for it !

New experiences are the font of creativity, when seeking inspiration, break your routine.

Comment

soured awakenings? like the kind of Banishers who had a fucked up awakening?

Comment

Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
            soured awakenings? like the kind of Banishers who had a fucked up awakening?
            Like what happens if you meet an Exarch during your Awakening.

Or when you wake up at the same time as someone else, to the same Watchtower. The current guess is that they get backdoors into each other's souls.

Comment

Originally posted by KaiserAfini View Post

Or when you wake up at the same time as someone else, to the same Watchtower. The current guess is that they get backdoors into each other's souls.
              wow, that sounds a lot cooler actually (meeting an exarch would be scary as hell)

Comment

Which is gonna suck for me cuz two of my unrelated players both have met Exarchs in their Awakenings but I did that stuff before we ever heard about this.

Comment

I'm sure it could be just a little bit of a retcon or just outliers (consistency is not something you get often in the chronicles of darkness)

Comment

Originally posted by KaiserAfini View Post

"the Watchtowers can totally awaken multiple people at the same time. It's just that the mage population is so low it almost never happens (but is becomjng measurably more common as the global human population booms). The results are... Odd."
                    "And to do with the consequences of more than one life being "loaded" into the Watchtower's Lustrum."
                    "The mages end up bound together, like a Familar bond to one another, and randomly swap details of their lives retroactively. You might exchange parents, home towns... bodies."
                    "As the Supernal Realm treats them, metaphysically, as one person."
                    "They're more like Cloak and Dagger. You keep individual minds and souls and Gnosis, but share a Mana pool and can cast through one another's senses."

Words of Dave.

Comment

I see, very cool, that can lead to some absolutely fascinating storytelling opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by RaphaTheAscended View Post

"the Watchtowers can totally awaken multiple people at the same time. It's just that the mage population is so low it almost never happens (but is becomjng measurably more common as the global human population booms). The results are... Odd."
                        "And to do with the consequences of more than one life being "loaded" into the Watchtower's Lustrum."
                        "The mages end up bound together, like a Familar bond to one another, and randomly swap details of their lives retroactively. You might exchange parents, home towns... bodies."
                        "They're more like Cloak and Dagger. You keep individual minds and souls and Gnosis, but share a Mana pool and can cast through one another's senses."

Words of Dave.

That sounds like a great story hook, and moves me from "pretty excited" to "wow" for SoS. If I was GMing a game where this was becoming common (or the players investigate it as a Mystery), I'd give each multi-Awakening group a different "gimmick" like the Cluster Triggers from the web serial Ward. (the dream room, etc.).

Comment

I'm super excited to get this book as well. That Mage Sight excerpt has been incredibly helpful for my game so far. Can't wait to see the other parts of it.

Comment

Originally posted by RaphaTheAscended View Post

Words of Dave.

This makes me think of a Cluster from Sens8! A group of people who awakened together as Mastigos...I think I need to start a game now.

I can see a custom legacy that every member of the cluster develops that allows each individual to choose a 3rd primary Arcana and attainments that allow them to work more cohesively as a single unit. Like an ability to more quickly swap minds, eventually making it instinctive. Just brainstorming some ideas...
                            Last edited by Kallarah; 05-11-2019, 11:04 AM.

Comment

the final dev coments are beig inputted. i think wednesdays the 30th of May is the day!

Comment

Working...
                              X