Signs of Sorcery is in proofing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
    it's time to play my favorite Mage game,called "What the FUCK is that on the cover?"
    That is one of the example Moros in the core book and his Nimbus. He’s a Guardian if I recall.

Comment

It is Mayfly, the Moros signature character, and a Shade.

Dave Brookshaw

Comment

Very nice.

In that case, I wouldn't be surprised if Mayfly is undergoing a Trial. Beating Death at a game is a classic.

Comment

At long last, the curse was broken. And there was much rejoicing among the faithful.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicolas Milioni View Post
            it's time to play my favorite Mage game,called "What the FUCK is that on the cover?"
            Well its simple, he probably wants the most deadly combat yantra ever, but he doesn't want death to chase after him like the Peverell brothers. So he asks what is the Ordeal for that and its chess, every piece lost inflicts a tragedy or malady on one of his sympathetic connections, strongest first. They receive it and then it moves on to the next, if he runs out, the list loops to the start and the new effect will be stronger.

Seriously though, kudos to the art team, that is such a cool cover. Really looking forward to this book.

New experiences are the font of creativity, when seeking inspiration, break your routine.

The Agathos Kai Sophos, an Acanthus Legacy of strategists

Comment

Originally posted by KaiserAfini View Post
              and its chess,
              Not just chess. The board is actually set up in a non-standard way.

(Or more likely the image was flipped for editing.)

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Not just chess. The board is actually set up in a non-standard way.

(Or more likely the image was flipped for editing.)
                Or perhaps they are normally invisible to normal sight, as death usually is. Because being a ghost of Christmas future style of shadow would look weird, it manifested along with a giant ectoplasmic mirror. When death moves a piece in the image, it instantly becomes so in the physical game. No gradual actions, its moves are precise, sudden, ending quickly. It plays the game with one move meaning a strike against someone, the image showing how its always watching over Mayfly, for good or ill.

New experiences are the font of creativity, when seeking inspiration, break your routine.

Comment

Or perhaps they are normally invisible to normal sight, as death usually is. Because being a ghost of Christmas future style of shadow would look weird, it manifested along with a giant ectoplasmic mirror. When death moves a piece in the image, it instantly becomes so in the physical game. No gradual actions, its moves are precise, sudden, ending quickly. It plays the game with one move meaning a strike against someone, the image showing how its always watching over Mayfly, for good or ill.
                  That's both clever and creepy.

Comment

So long until tomorrow... I don't know why I'm so wild to get this book. I haven't been waiting near as long as most of you, but I guess those previews really wet my appetite for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Therian View Post
                      So long until tomorrow... I don't know why I'm so wild to get this book. I haven't been waiting near as long as most of you, but I guess those previews really wet my appetite for it.
                      Its a common occurance, our top Mysterium researchers found this pattern:

Player: Oh nice, a book that will flesh out cool yet vague ideas from the first game.
                      DaveB: Actually, we have some preview, we also added these other cool things.
                      Looks at previews
                      Player: HOLY MACKEREL, THAT LOOKS AWESOME ! This couldn't get any better !
                      DaveB:Hold my mana.
                      Fate Sight furiously pings in agreement
                      Last edited by KaiserAfini; 06-18-2019, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Its a common occurance, our top Mysterium researchers found this pattern:

Player: Oh nice, a book that will flesh out cool yet vague ideas from the first game.
                        DaveB: Actually, we have some preview, we also added these other cool things.
                        Looks at previews
                        Player: HOLY MACKEREL, THAT LOOKS AWESOME ! This couldn't get any better !
                        DaveB:Hold my mana.
                        Fate Sight furiously pings in agreement

"Hold my Mana" That is so awesome, it pains me I did not come up with it

Comment

Originally posted by Therian View Post

I've been around for even less time and I'm sitting here like

Comment

Does anyone know roughly when the book is going to be available on Drivethrurpg? I keep checking every hour! I want more details on Grimoires and Boons and so many other things!

Comment

Originally posted by Katana1515 View Post
                              Does anyone know roughly when the book is going to be available on Drivethrurpg? I keep checking every hour! I want more details on Grimoires and Boons and so many other things!
                              Good question

Comment

The day is long and full of terrors

Comment

Working...
                                X