• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [New Path] Fantastos

Click here.

Let Him Speak.

very cool!

Comment

My only disappointment is that a Path that puts so much effort into arts and crafts has put the creation of Imbued arts and crafts mostly out of their reach: Imbue Item is a four-dot Prime Attainment, meaning that a Path with Inferior Prime will have trouble getting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
        My only disappointment is that a Path that puts so much effort into arts and crafts has put the creation of Imbued arts and crafts mostly out of their reach: Imbue Item is a four-dot Prime Attainment, meaning that a Path with Inferior Prime will have trouble getting it.
        That is a fair observation. Do you think their Inferior Arcanum could be Time instead? Something like...

"The Supernal Realm of the Ink Fountain is characterized by a distinct timelessness. The principles of Beauty and Purpose, with all their associated Symbols, exist outside the zeitgeist. To the casual observer, it certainly seems that aesthetic standards fluctuate immensely according to the framework of the current era. But this is merely the Nth facet of the Lie: the Fantastos are intimately aware that art flows from within and reverberates throughout all of history. The craftsman takes inspiration from and transforms the ideas of the past, and in turn shapes the foundation for the craftsmen of the future. This eternal cycle makes it hard for the Fantastos to grasp the trajectory of the arrow of Time. However, it's not that they are inherently out of touch with the events that surround them, or that they deny the importance of historical context. It just means that their Awakened souls actively reject the idea that every person is only a mechanistic output of society with no capacity for agency nor meaningful innovation."

Let Him Speak.

Comment

I think Time is fitting, but my train of thought is a bit different. Its an Inferior Arcanum not because they do not care about the future, but because they don't focus on worrying about what it might be, rather they actively create it. If they are enraptured by examining the past, they stop creating wonders for the future. If they speed up time they miss out on a thousand moments and experiences that could inspire their next work. If they can only experience moments of beauty by slowing their own perception of it (like Slowmo in Dredd), it betrays the Truth that creativity should be available to enrich all. To those that seek timeliness quality, working within its constraints is unintuitive.
          Last edited by KaiserAfini; 06-16-2019, 10:50 AM.

New experiences are the font of creativity, when seeking inspiration, break your routine.

The Agathos Kai Sophos, an Acanthus Legacy of strategists

Comment

Working...
          X