No announcement yet.

Signs of Sorcery is on DTRPG!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello. Bought the book, read the intro story and skimmed the rest.

What actually suprised me was the ending of the intro story. Judging by most intro stories in the books I expected something terrible to happen but here we are. Pleasantly suprised.

Comment

• Do we know if and when we’ll learn about the natures of the new Seer Ministries?
      Last edited by glamourweaver; 06-25-2019, 03:49 PM.

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

• Originally posted by glamourweaver View Post
        Do we know if and when we’ll learn about the natures of the new Seer Ministries?
        Horologion appears in Nameless & Accursed; Geryon (which is only kinda-new) appears in the Piracy era of Dark Eras 2.

Meghan Fitzgerald | Onyx Path freelance writer & developer
        Changeling: The Lost 2e developer

Comment

• Is the Sycorian Ministry named after Sycorax?

Comment

• From my reading of Basilisk:
            First someone looks up at it and it primes with a 1-turn version,
            but then it only fully goes off if either still witnessed or seen by more than just the initial person.

My comprehension of the wording at least.
            Still confusing.

Comment

• Yes, the Raptor's Ministry is named for Sycorax.

Dave Brookshaw

Comment

• Originally posted by Yelesom View Post
                From my reading of Basilisk:
                First someone looks up at it and it primes with a 1-turn version,
                but then it only fully goes off if either still witnessed or seen by more than just the initial person.

My comprehension of the wording at least.
                Still confusing.
                This was my take as well. Still not sure if it’s right, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Brookshaw View Post
                  Yes, the Raptor's Ministry is named for Sycorax.
                  Awesome, now I can say ah hah, and that reading Lucifer paid off.

Also easier to tie werewolves into it.

Does anyone have any idea what was up with Elizabeth's world (the fiction introducing Chapter Six)?
                  Last edited by nofather; 06-26-2019, 08:12 PM.

Comment

• Does anyone else feel like the Moros section in chapter one is too heavily weighted towards Death imagery? I mean, they’re supposed to be Alchemists as much as Necromancers now, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by BrilliantRain View Post
                      Does anyone else feel like the Moros section in chapter one is too heavily weighted towards Death imagery? I mean, they’re supposed to be Alchemists as much as Necromancers now, right?
                      I guess its hard to shake that initial image. Specially with their Supernal Realm being Stygia...

It is a time for great deeds!

Comment

Does anyone else feel like the Moros section in chapter one is too heavily weighted towards Death imagery? I mean, they’re supposed to be Alchemists as much as Necromancers now, right?
                        I think for each of the Paths the subtle arcana is predominant. The Gross arcana are less subtle manifestations of the subtle ones. You can trace this way of thinking back through Dave's APs I think. Matter isn't unimportant, but it's going to get a rather Death heavy view in how it ties to Death. And really, Death is also a form of alchemy. How many Moros have wondered at the conversion of a soul into a thing beyond measure or comprehension by Death because it disappears beyond their grasp? How many have known that this ultimate change awaits them as well and have sought to find some way to guide its translation?

Comment

Yes, but also what Mrmdubois said.

The Arcadia write-up is probably the best if you had to rank all five. The Primal Wild effectively writes Spirit as a kind of Life, and the unnoted remaining two Worlds barely acknowledge their Gross component. But I'm honestly fine with that; part of the overall point of this section of the book is that these are all examples and not remotely universal, and to the extent you can, you're heavily encouraged to put together your own thing. I would have approached the write-up differently, but then again, my efforts in that direction didn't finish, so I'm pretty happy that there's a concrete, published version to refer to.

I call the Integrity-analogue the "subjective stat".
                          An explanation how to use Social Manuevering.
                          Guanxi Explanations: 1, 2, 3.

Comment

• I want to say that I'm very pleased with the treatment of Proximi in this book. Even though they're not a focus of the book, they are mentioned when it would make sense. I especially love the idea of some Proximi being emigrants from Emanation Realms: it opens up so many strange and wonderful possibilities.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toroid View Post
                              I especially love the idea of some Proximi being emigrants from Emanation Realms: it opens up so many strange and wonderful possibilities.
                              This made me think of the Divine Heir of the Dragon's Heritage from Sekiro. But I maybe have a particular problem with bringing over From Soft metaphysics into Mage

Comment

• Originally posted by sufferian View Post

This made me think of the Divine Heir of the Dragon's Heritage from Sekiro. But I maybe have a particular problem with bringing over From Soft metaphysics into Mage
                                Honestly, if any game is the actual history of the Chronicles of Darkness, it's Sekiro.

I'm actually having that whole sad story be events in the past of Japan in my Persona 5 crossover fic.

Comment

Working...
                                X