No announcement yet.

Signs of Sorcery is on DTRPG!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Astral Grimoire and Living Grimoire says that Awakened subjects can cast the inscribed Rotes. With which advantages and/or drawbacks? As if they were learned? As if casting from a Grimoire? Different from either? On one hand you're a Grimoire so my first idea was to cast it as if from a Grimoire, but on the other hand you don't actually spend time deciphering the Grimoire (in most cases you can't even read it; you just know how to cast it) which would remove both Rote Action (probably) and the casting time requirement. But does that mean you only get the extra Reach or do you know it to the point where you have access to the Mudra?

Bloodline: The Stygians
    Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
    Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

• So I was just wondering. Since the incarnate Numina changes the base state of being of a ephemeral being to manifested. Do they suffer essence bleed as normal? Or do they not worry about that since they are manifested.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blakemikizuki View Post
        So I was just wondering. Since the incarnate Numina changes the base state of being of a ephemeral being to manifested. Do they suffer essence bleed as normal? Or do they not worry about that since they are manifested.
        They're specifically Materialized rather than just physical, and Materialized beings doesn't suffer Essence bleed. Generally speaking though, ephemeral entities in physical forms never suffer Essence bleed even if it doesn't come from a Manifestation Condition (for example, angels in Cover in DtD).

Minor nitpick: Manifested as a term doesn't really mean anything since it could refer to having any sort of Manifestation effect on an entity. (Which technically, though almost certainly not intended, could even refer to Twilight Form.)

Bloodline: The Stygians
        Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
        Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

• Is there any word on when we might see the PoD version of Signs of Sorcery? I'm more a dead-tree guy, so I'm looking forward to the hardcopy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mr. vulture View Post
            Is there any word on when we might see the PoD version of Signs of Sorcery? I'm more a dead-tree guy, so I'm looking forward to the hardcopy.
            No, since it depends on how much errata has to be inputted. But I’d guess we are close.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Working...
            X