A couple of long-term scrutiny questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of long-term scrutiny questions

I'm thinking about implementing the optional Long-term Scrutiny rules from Signs of Sorcery in my game but I'm not sure how a couple of factors would interact with them:

1. If you are normally limited in your Mana expenditure for Scrutiny to your per-turn limit, would this no longer apply if you increased the interval.

2. If you use the long term Scrutiny, does it eliminate any downside to using multiple Arcana in your Scrutiny roll. I've actually always been a little vague on how that works anyway. But was thinking maybe using the multiple Arcana might be the factor that increase the interval from days to weeks.

Anyone had these come up in their games as this section has been out for a pretty long time now?

Neither of those would be changed from the standard rules. You still can't spend more mana in 1 turn than normal, you're just spending more time in between the turns you scrutinize. By default long term has no effect on using multiple arcana, so it would still have the penalities, though you should feel free to have that be the justification for the interval being longer as a Storyteller.

Genius templates (for Demon: the Descent)

Comment

Working...
    X