• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lbeaumanior
    started a topic Can X awaken?

Can X awaken?

Greetings,

I dont know if this counts as errata or as a question, but Signs of Sorcery p.129 states that:

...some games model characters that might Awaken with
    templates and unique mechanics, while other games
    use Merits to represent near-human beings that certainly
    won’t. Hunters with Endowments representing
    equipment, for example, could Awaken, while ghouls
    could not. Wolf-blooded can (though they lose their
    Wolf-Blooded Merits and tells when Awakening),
    while Stigmatics cannot.

I would like help interpreting this text, when it says games, does it mean gamelines, or particular games of a group? I am curious since Wolf Blooded are able to keep their tell after transforming into another creature (WtF p.300), and some Demon fluff describes a mage that was an Stigmatic (Splintered City p.66):

Moore doesn’t know it, but he was
    stigmatic before Awakening.

Thanks for the help.
    Last edited by lbeaumanior; 06-26-2019, 04:14 AM.

• nofather
    replied
    Originally posted by lbeaumanior View Post
    Yeah, also a wolf-blooded mage, Agnes. This small inconsistencies are like an itch in my mind.
    It's effectively homebrew, Acrozatarim's been pretty clear that none of his stuff posted here is canon (outside of the open dev peeks). And the books are pretty clear that the only canon is what you want, your own game can only have Changelings as a supernatural without any of the other gamelines existing.

I'll personally just be having Tells stay. Problem solved.
    Last edited by nofather; 06-26-2019, 02:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• lbeaumanior
    replied
    Originally posted by nofather View Post
    Acrozatarim made one on his Patreon, the Carvers.
    Yeah, also a wolf-blooded mage, Agnes. This small inconsistencies are like an itch in my mind.

Leave a comment:

• nofather
    replied
    Acrozatarim made one on his Patreon, the Carvers.

Leave a comment:

• Menace
    replied
    What kind of messed up bloodline would a proximus wolfblooded have. Also afaik you get the Proximus template at birth, doesn't the wolfblooded merit require you to have no other supernatural templates?

Leave a comment:

• lbeaumanior
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave Brookshaw View Post
    This will not be changing.

edit: to clarify, it's on the level of... Hypothetical example. If a book from a different line had casually mentioned "Traditions" or "coincidental magic" in the background of a character, it wouldn't be an erratum for a mage book. It'd just be a mistake.

The character's background in Splintered City is a mistake.
    Thanks Dave, quick question, is it possible for a Mage to become a Stigmatic AFTER awakening?

Thanks! Dave Brookshaw important questions: can Wolf-blooded be Proximi? If so, do they retain their tells?
    Last edited by lbeaumanior; 06-26-2019, 02:12 PM. Reason: Original question waa idiotic

Leave a comment:

• Dave Brookshaw
    replied
    This will not be changing.

edit: to clarify, it's on the level of... Hypothetical example. If a book from a different line had casually mentioned "Traditions" or "coincidental magic" in the background of a character, it wouldn't be an erratum for a mage book. It'd just be a mistake.

The character's background in Splintered City is a mistake.
    Last edited by Dave Brookshaw; 06-26-2019, 02:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Mrmdubois
    replied
    It would appear that Wolf-Blooded loosing their Tells is a change in tack, or may have been put in for WtF without consulting Dave.

Games does appear to imply gamelines though, WtF, VtR, etc.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X