Signs: clarifying imbue item clarifications

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the same topic but different doubts, i am confused by this phrases:
    "Persistent Items are always active until their spell’s duration expires, unless dispelled. "
    and
    "If a persistent Item’s spell is destroyed, through Dispellation or other means, the Item may be reactivated with the Prime 1 spell “Word of Command.”"
    Does a persistent effect has a duration?
    Why it s not possible to reactivate it with the normal imbued item roll?

Comment

Originally posted by Neos01 View Post
      Does a persistent effect has a duration?
      Seems like it. You're imbuing a spell, and spells have a duration. Persistent in this case probably doesn't mean indefinite since duration is mentioned for persistent items. Also consider the two Reaches, many spell factor steps and the Mana cost involved for making regular spells last indefinitely.

Why it s not possible to reactivate it with the normal imbued item roll?
      Because it doesn't have any activation triggers making it impossible to perform any action that would activate it.
      The option of adding a trigger to a persistent item would be a nice addition in Signs, but unfortunately such a thing was not included. Edit: Actually, that would just make it a contingent item instead, if I'm not mistaken.
      Last edited by Tessie; 07-05-2019, 09:58 AM.

Bloodline: The Stygians
      Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
      Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post

Seems like it. You're imbuing a spell, and spells have a duration. Persistent in this case probably doesn't mean indefinite since duration is mentioned for persistent items. Also consider the two Reaches, many spell factor steps and the Mana cost involved for making regular spells last
        Ok, so the creator must also roll to see if he casts the persistent spell or not?
        And using word of command allows for an activation roll by the user or has other rules for setting the spell factors?

Comment

Ok, so the creator must also roll to see if he casts the persistent spell or not?
          Doesn't seem like it. It's probably created in its active state.

And using word of command allows for an activation roll by the user or has other rules for setting the spell factors?
          I'm not sure but I believe you'd use the normal rules for activation, simply using Word of Command in place of a trigger.

Bloodline: The Stygians
          Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
          Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Working...
          X