No announcement yet.

Spell relinquishment loop hole

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would say being able to make sacrifices without Wisdom risk is the main draw of the Haruspex (human sacrifice being also made more efficient, as per the Soul Cage side story). If you take inspiration from Pathologic 2, you can color their symbolism with all sorts of intriguing supernatural correspondence.

New experiences are the font of creativity, when seeking inspiration, break your routine.

The Agathos Kai Sophos, an Acanthus Legacy of strategists

Comment

Originally posted by KaiserAfini View Post
      I would say being able to make sacrifices without Wisdom risk is the main draw of the Haruspex
      I don't see it unless you're making blood sacrifice an Act of Hubris at Understanding, which seems very harsh.

Comment

My opinion (i already wrote it in a similar post) is that the act of sacrificing a living thing is always an act of hubris because you are not drawing mana from the supernal into the fallen (like in the other methods) but from the fallen world itself.
        In this way you make the fallen world less "truer" and let the Abyss take more hold.
        When a player sacrifice something i describe the corpse turning into ashes or completely losing color, like some sort of mini paradox.
        Obviously it s an house rule but it helps me justify the act of hubris for game balance and puts some interesting questions in the game

Comment

Originally posted by Neos01 View Post
          always an act of hubris
          What level?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

What level?
            Considering that the destruction of supernal.entities is falling level i would say understanding for human and enlighted for animals

Comment

'It's easy, you just need to remove your own Soul" - last words of a left handed mage before being put down but a Adamantine arrow strike force.

Comment

Originally posted by Menace View Post
                'It's easy, you just need to remove your own Soul" - last words of a left handed mage before being put down but a Adamantine arrow strike force.
                The fact you said that with the homonculus tattoo from Fullmetal Alchemist as your profile pic is hilarious!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet Witch View Post

The fact you said that with the homonculus tattoo from Fullmetal Alchemist as your profile pic is hilarious!
                  Well, there is a reason why those alchemical backlashes happen. What do those alchemists see when they attempt human transmutation ? The door of alchemy ? No, only the uninitiated remain so deceived. They stand before the Gate. He opens the path to enact cruel change on the Fallen, she drags the arrogant and prideful to be scoured by the Abyss when they overreach. She brings forth the homunculus to torment humanity and he retrieves them once enough souls have been offered via philosopher's stones. The Gate is keeper and threshold, Opener and Warder, just like its Order.
                  Last edited by KaiserAfini; 07-05-2019, 02:38 PM.

New experiences are the font of creativity, when seeking inspiration, break your routine.

The Agathos Kai Sophos, an Acanthus Legacy of strategists

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet Witch View Post

It's actually a poetic represantation of a molecule of benzene, refering to how August Kekule discovered supposedly "discovered" it's structure when he saw the snake ouroboros in his dream. Yeah, that's apparently a thing.

Comment

Working...
                    X