No announcement yet.

Techne Examples

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or you could find the universe in the pebble.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrmdubois View Post
      Or you could find the universe in the pebble.
      I am not familiar with this idiom. What does it mean?

Comment

Originally posted by lbeaumanior View Post
        I am not familiar with this idiom. What does it mean?
        A pebble is a tiny thing right? But if you look closely at it you can see a lot of details, you can even study all the amazing little details that make up its molecular and atomic composition, you can see things inside it that mirror or exemplify our world and it can produce awe. Same thing goes for if you go deep into a “narrow” Techne.

Comment

I understand and using a broad Techne, or a narrow one in a creative way are both valid for the purpose of maximising utility.
          Last edited by lbeaumanior; 09-06-2019, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Wouldn't these two cover literally every conceivable spell effect?

Also what stops me from using a broad science based methodology, like Techne: Scientific Method or Techne: Rationality?? Given that:

Using a broad methodology would give the best benefits, or am I mistaken?
            Pretty much, its the reason why the Free Council advovate for techne, Sleeper symbolism reinforcing Supernal Truth. So if you are a programmer, you double down on high tech tools. The mitigating factor is that its only a +1 per yantra, the plus side is that you get them consistently for focusing on your character's themes. If the cabal learn it and they also have it as a cabal theme, then it can become quite potent indeed.

This is not only how you make the Virtual Adepts or Sons of Ether in MtAw, but every single Tradition. Its a cool merit that shows how diverse the Free Council is.
            Last edited by KaiserAfini; 09-06-2019, 08:08 PM.

New experiences are the font of creativity, when seeking inspiration, break your routine.

The Agathos Kai Sophos, an Acanthus Legacy of strategists
            The Szary Strażnik, an Obrimos Legacy of Scholars of the Glyphs of Fate

Comment

Wouldn't these two cover literally every conceivable spell effect?

Also what stops me from using a broad science based methodology, like Techne: Scientific Method or Techne: Rationality?? Given that:
              If you wanna write runes for every casting, sure.
              Good luck divining the future with it.

Comment

Working...
              X