Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neos01
    replied
    I always considered your work very inspiring.
    Good luck with your new projects, i m a little sad that new mage products will not benefit from your contribution

Leave a comment:

• ArcaneArts
    replied
    This is sort of old news for me, since you admitted as such a while back on the Book of Faces, but since we're here-

Dave, thank you very much. Not only did you help to breath life and interest into a gameline I had overlooked a lot, but you have taught me several important lessons about worldbuilding, research, writing, professionalism, ethics, philosophy, and more. You've been a great example, and I look forward to your next projects.

Just wanted to say that-as if somehow you are magically disappearing from all other venues.
    Last edited by ArcaneArts; 10-05-2019, 12:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• proindrakenzol
    replied
    Thanks for everything, Mage 2e is truly my favorite gameline because of your hard work!

Leave a comment:

• Aiden
    replied
    Good luck, Dave. And thank you - Mage wouldn't be the marvel it's become to me without you.

Don't get lost in the Abyss on your way, you hear?

Leave a comment:

• Yossarian
    replied
    Hats off to ten years of magic.

Leave a comment:

• Nicias
    replied
    I have been reading things you write about games, or games you write, for very literally my entire adult life. I'm better off for it. If you bring even a fraction of the mechanical and philosophical elegance to your next project that you brought to Deviant or Mage or Soul Cage, I know I'll play the hell out of it.

(Meghan is pretty cool too.)

Leave a comment:

• Mrmdubois
    replied
    Dave, you're the first dev I ever payed attention to because you started out with just some cool APs and some sweet, sweet storytelling skills that I found out about before you ever became a dev. Then you became a dev and made me realize the connection between the passion of playing a game and then creating for it that developers do and should have. I sincerely appreciate all the time and effort you put into Mage and making it just -the- best game I have ever played. I wish you luck, and heartfelt gratitude on the next step of your journey.

I really look forward to what Meghan is going to do next with this line! Thank you to the devs for giving such a great damn!

Leave a comment:

• Second Chances
    replied
    Dave, honestly I hated Mage back in the day. Your vision and your passion changed that. Now Mage is one of my favourite games. I don’t think I would be writing Chronicles of Darkness today if I hadn’t advocated passionately for a Mage expansion to 1001 Nightmares. We never got to work together... But I owe you big time and I won’t forget it.

Anyone who doesn’t know Meghan... Meghan is amazing. I’ve been fortunate to work for her or alongside her on every one of my assignments for OPP. Mage is in the best of hands.
    Last edited by Second Chances; 10-05-2019, 02:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Falcon777
    replied
    We will definitely miss you, Dave! And good luck with your Seeking.

Congratulations, Meghan! We look forward to more of your work.

Leave a comment:

• Malcolm
    replied
    Meghan is an excellent choice. If I do more Awakening I'll be thrilled to work for her.

Leave a comment:

• Scarlet Witch
    replied
    MEGHAN~

Dave the way you described leaving us is just so purrfect! You really did a great job and I am so excited for you, best of luck! Your work on Mage helped me get through more than I can tell you, your vision of Mage helped keep me excited for magic in a way my life couldn't, and I'll miss you!

But holy crap am I also excited to see where Meghan takes us!! And what your next game will be~! Good luck, the best luck!

Leave a comment:

• lnodiv
    replied
    Originally posted by Dave Brookshaw View Post
    I finally had a good idea for a game of my own,
    Where should we keep an eye out for news on this?

Your work has been phenomenal, and I'm sorry to see you go - though it seems the line is absolutely being left in good hands.

Leave a comment:

• Nicolas Milioni
    replied
    Aw,I'm going to miss you! Thank you for your work

Leave a comment:

• White Oak Dragon
    replied
    Best of luck with your game, Dave. Thank you for all you have done! Meghan, congratulations on becoming the Mage developer!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X