Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are my current ideas for those Attainments

Mind 2

A variation of Command Spirit that allows the mage to force a spirit to create a talen of up to [Mind] dots. If the target is willing or has subordinated themselves to the Key Bearer's authority, then their Withstand can be bypassed.

I wish this could be used with goetia too but it would either need more Arcana or an appropriate restriction. Reach is assigned to instant use and sensory range.

This Attainment is a nod to the giant worm that was given to Solomon to dig out his temple and transform the stones.

Spirit 3

This is a weird idea and also requires Mind 3. The mage summons a mundane object that had emotional significance to them from their memories, they then shape spiritual Essence into its form and make it affect both spirit and goetia, but it does not make it visible. So a birdwatcher could make a gesture focusing his binoculars and they would be effectively there, a surgeon would have his scalpel, a fencer his rapier, a policeman his gun and a handyman his tools. This makes them look very eerie to anyone without the appropriate sights (or frightening if they are within the Realms Invisible where all this becomes evident), their mental discipline manifesting tangible effects.

However, the mage can also summon objects from any one of his memories if he convinces the goetia who oversees it to help. This gives them an incentive to constantly explore their Oneiros.

The Attainment has Reach assigned to instant cast, allows them to summon an item up to size 5 and it auto renews only while it remains in contact with the mage.
    Last edited by KaiserAfini; 10-24-2019, 04:37 PM.

New experiences are the font of creativity, when seeking inspiration, break your routine.

The Agathos Kai Sophos, an Acanthus Legacy of strategists (Mind/Time)
    The Szary Strażnik, an Obrimos Legacy whose invisible hands guide through the Glyphs of Fate (Fate/Prime)

Comment

Originally posted by KaiserAfini View Post
      Here are my current ideas for those Attainments

Mind 2

A variation of Command Spirit that allows the mage to force a spirit to create a talen of up to [Mind] dots. If the target is willing or has subordinated themselves to the Key Bearer's authority, then their Withstand can be bypassed.

I wish this could be used with goetia too but it would either need more Arcana or an appropriate restriction. Reach is assigned to instant use and sensory range.

This Attainment is a nod to the giant worm that was given to Solomon to dig out his temple and transform the stones.
      Creating a fetish is already the fourth attainment, and creating a talen would require the same dot level (and for Mage purposes is, imo, the same spell) three dots in Spirit (I don't know why you have Mind as the scale of power) similar to the single use items craftable with Prime.

Spirit 3

This is a weird idea and also requires Mind 3. The mage summons a mundane object that had emotional significance to them from their memories, they then shape spiritual Essence into its form and make it affect both spirit and goetia, but it does not make it visible. So a birdwatcher could make a gesture focusing his binoculars and they would be effectively there, a surgeon would have his scalpel, a fencer his rapier, a policeman his gun and a handyman his tools. This makes them look very eerie to anyone without the appropriate sights (or frightening if they are within the Realms Invisible where all this becomes evident), their mental discipline manifesting tangible effects.

However, the mage can also summon objects from any one of his memories if he convinces the goetia who oversees it to help. This gives them an incentive to constantly explore their Oneiros.

The Attainment has Reach assigned to instant cast, allows them to summon an item up to size 5 and it auto renews only while it remains in contact with the mage.
      I think this would be great for a legacy like Uncrowned Kings, but seems radically off theme for the Clavicularius.
      Last edited by proindrakenzol; 10-24-2019, 05:58 PM.

proin's Legacy hub

Comment

Originally posted by proindrakenzol View Post
        (I don't know why you have Mind as the scale of power)
        Dot rating of Talen equal to Potency, and Potency equal to Mind dots?

Writer for Bloodlines: The Ageless on STV
        Some other stuff I've done: Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post

Dot rating of Talen equal to Potency, and Potency equal to Mind dots?
          I understand the mechanical implication.

What I don't understand are why he's suggesting a spell that would be purely Spirit for the Mind 2 optional when: 1) that's not one of the ones I asked for suggestions on (it was part of the 1e legacy so it stays) and 2) the attainment itself is wholly a Spirit ability, with no Mind component.

proin's Legacy hub

Comment

My bad, I thought you wanted an idea for Exorcist's Eye as well as the two ritual Attainments.

The Mind thing is a leftover idea from wanting to make goetic talens but not being sure how (probably with conjunctional Spirit 4). The idea is that a talen is a very simple thing for a spirit to make. If you have its cooperation you could perform a talen creation rite as the Attainment rather than tear the power from them with Weaving (or perhaps Fraying). But yeah, its not simple enough that an instant action could cover it.

An ephemeral being wouldn't be too happy after being forcibly bound to a fetish. Similarly, the negotiations for it to willingly go into one would be demanding. A talen seemed like a tithe the Key Bearers could reasonably ask for or negotiate towards, a complimentary option.

It could reinforce the idea of them ruling over these spirit (ruling over rampant emotions), but that is probably more of what the Lords of the Inanimate do. The significant object summoning is, as you mentioned, more resonant with the Uncrowned Kings.
            Last edited by KaiserAfini; 10-28-2019, 08:14 PM.

New experiences are the font of creativity, when seeking inspiration, break your routine.

The Agathos Kai Sophos, an Acanthus Legacy of strategists (Mind/Time)
            The Szary Strażnik, an Obrimos Legacy whose invisible hands guide through the Glyphs of Fate (Fate/Prime)

Comment

Working...
            X