Night Horrors: Nameless and Accursed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night Horrors: Nameless and Accursed

I was just wondering when this might be released. I am greatly looking forward to it. It seems like a lot of work is being put into it. Any ideas??

"When it's done".

Comment

Aye. It's in post-editing development and art direction, which are good signs (though art can take a while). Progress will be posted on the Monday Meeting updates (one later today) and they describe the steps things take from first draft to publication here.

Comment

maryshelly I’m looking forward to it too. Let me know how it is if you get it before me?

General question: what do you guys think of The Unbidden, the Night Horrors book for First Ed Mage?

It is a far far better thing I do than I have ever done... Sidney Carton’s last line before he goes to the guillotine to save Lucie

Comment

Good but probably one of the more dated ones. A lot of nice ideas, mechanics could use fixing up if you want to bring them into second edition and make them fitting antagonists. I believe it was written before Left-Hand Path and it doesn't seem like the ideas for scelesti and other folks you might run into in Nameless and Accursed were fleshed out
          Last edited by nofather; 12-02-2019, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nofather View Post
            Aye. It's in post-editing development and art direction, which are good signs (though art can take a while).
            Seeing how art taks in various books, I would not see Night Horrors: Nameless and Accursed book before half of year. ( Yeah, it's only my guess, but based on watching production processes of Onyx Path for five years now... )

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
            LGBT+ through Ages
            LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

What do we know about what is in Nameless and Accursed? I know there was a Tremere House preview a little while back but do we have any sort of outline or other info?

Comment

It's about various antagonists that are mages. Banishers, Liches, Rapt, Scelesti type characters.

Genius templates: Super Science Mini-Template for Demon: the Descent

Oracle the Endbringers: Time-Manipulator Fan-Splat

Comment

Originally posted by milo v3 View Post
                  It's about various antagonists that are mages. Banishers, Liches, Rapt, Scelesti type characters.
                  Are they useable in other campaign splats? Such as DtD?

Comment

Originally posted by KieranMullen View Post

Are they useable in other campaign splats? Such as DtD?
                    Should be. I pillage from other Night Horrors books on the regular.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

Originally posted by milo v3 View Post
                      I was hoping it would also include Master and Archmage level Seers of the Throne, possible manifestations or minions of the Exarchs, and Abyssal Entities. Similar to how Shunned by the Moon had high level Pure and more Idigam

Comment

Well, you will clearly need Mage 2E corebook to use Banishers, Liches, Reapers, Scelesti as they are all 'mages first, monstrous villains second'.

LGBT+ through Ages
                        LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
                          Well, you will clearly need Mage 2E corebook to use Banishers, Liches, Reapers, Scelesti as they are all 'mages first, monstrous villains second'.
                          Yes... it’s a Mage book? You need Promethean core to use Tormented, Werewolf to use Shunned, and Demon to use Enemy Action. Night Horrors are gameline supplements, not standalone blue books. Why wouldn’t you need Mage core? Doesn’t stop them from being useful in other gamelines.

Freelancer (He/His Pronouns): CofD - Dark Eras 2, Kith and Kin, Mummy 2e, Oak Ash and Thorn; Scion - Mysteries of the World

CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

Comment

I don't think wyrd was asking it as a question...?

Comment

Many Night Horrors books you can use without corebook of particular gameline - as monster in NH have all mechanics you need, so you do not need corebooks. Best examples are VtR or CtL NH books in this regard. Mage 2E gameline specific means that each Awakened character is utilizing Arcana mechanics. You cannot cast spells from Arcana of NPCs without MtAw 2E corebook mechanics.

LGBT+ through Ages
                              LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
                              X