The Szary Strażnik, an Obrimos Legacy of Scholars of the Glyphs of Fate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, glad you liked them.

I think the Trial would be having been summoned regarding a prophecy of the Manuscript. So a Librarian would ask for advice when they were stumped looking for a key. An Illuminator would do so to get advice or aid on the field. Since they can summon them easier and faster, they will probably be the first choice.

I had completely forgotten about the Expression 3 requirement of Hidden High Speech. I would probably just give the merit if they don't have Expression 3 since a Mystery Cult can simply pose challenges to make up for it.

Regarding the merit for Opiekun, I am a bit confused, why drop Shadow name to 1 ? They receive 2 dots of Supernal Watcher from Interpretator. Shadow Name uses 3 dots, so couldn't the other 2 dots be used to buy the 2 dots to upgrade to a Rank 2 Supernal Watcher ? This would represent the Watcher growing in power due to the actions of the mage or the Manuscript assigning a more powerful one to match the needs of their new level of responsibility.
    Last edited by KaiserAfini; 08-21-2020, 09:00 AM.

New experiences are the font of creativity, when seeking inspiration, break your routine.

The Agathos Kai Sophos, an Acanthus Legacy of strategists (Mind/Time)
    The Szary Strażnik, an Obrimos Legacy of Scholars of the Glyphs of Fate (Fate/Prime)

Comment

Yeah it works

In the book what mystery cult initiation grants is:
      • A Skill Specialty or one-dot Merit pertaining to
      the lessons taught to initiates.
      •• A one-dot Merit
      ••• A Skill dot or a two-dot Merit
      •••• A three-dot Merit
      ••••• A three-dot Merit or a major advantage not
      reflected in game traits
      So at Akolita you have speciality Omens in Occult;
      at Tłumacz you grant Untouchable Merit;
      at Czytelnik you grant +2 to Occultation Merit;
      at Interpretator you grant Hidden High Speech which is a 1 dot merit + a 2 dot merit supernal watcher witch grants you a Rank 1 Supernal Watcher as a beeing reaaaaaly interested in you.
      and in the end at Opiekun you get 3 dots of merit or major advantage so you could give another +2 merit dots to supernal watcher making him a rank 2 beeing plus you have 1 merit point of freedom so Shadow Name 1.
      Alternatively you could grant at •Akolita and ••Tłumacz Shadow Name 1 and 2 (by building your own name) and later it is the same as i previously stated but at lvl •••••Opiekun your Cultist will have Shadow Name at 3.

Comment

I just updated the Nameless Order writeup, the changes were:

Interpretator:
        In addition, having been recognized as a dutiful servant of the Oracles, the Manuscript manifests an entity from the angelic host of secrets to guide them on their duties. Mage members receive 2 dots in Supernal Watcher.

These beings are known as Ophanim and are entities of Fate and Prime. Their profound knowledge of the Glyphs grants them great understanding of omens, prophecies, manipulation and cutting through to the truth. While their forms vary, they always incorporate the symbolism of a wheel ( representing the Diamond Wheel turning harmoniously), many eyes (for they are ever watchful against enemies of the Oracles) and divine fire (the divine flame that aids humanity and burns away evil). Their trial is usually to be summoned for a matter related to the Manuscript.

Sleepwalkers are also graced by them, but lacking the Mage Sight, they cannot fully perceive them and instead are bestowed with visions by them. This grants 2 dots of the Daimon merit, which acts similarly to Dream, but can be used as an instant action, even while awake.

Opiekun:
        Having been invested with this new responsibility, the Manuscript unlocks the true form of their personal Ophanim, granting two more dots of Supernal Watcher. Common to all of them are streams of Glyphs flowing through them. Sleepwalker members instead receive 2 additional dots of Daimon.

In addition, since I had reached the limit of images in the writeup post, I couldn't add some inspirational images for the Ophanim , so I am including them here:

Last edited by KaiserAfini; 08-21-2020, 03:57 PM.

New experiences are the font of creativity, when seeking inspiration, break your routine.

The Szary Strażnik, an Obrimos Legacy of Scholars of the Glyphs of Fate (Fate/Prime)

Comment

Honestly everything is great But tell me how would you play such a guardian, który jest Szarym Strażnikiem (who is a Szary Strażnik)?

Comment

Originally posted by Zwinniak View Post
            Honestly everything is great But tell me how would you play such a guardian, który jest Szarym Strażnikiem (who is a Szary Strażnik)?
            To summarize them in one core idea: prophetic spymasters.

They are privy to some insights of the Manuscript, but need to figure out what they mean, via their own actions and the organization. This makes Librarians part archeologist and detectives. The Manuscript itself is a way for the GM to throw clues, Mysteries, plot hooks, foreshadowing and lifelines to your cabal as cryptic puzzles.

They are agents of the Oracles, but know how dangerous prophetic knowledge can be. They are wary of those that jump to crazy assumptions with poor interpretations, make insane gambles or acts with a corrupted purpose ("I can make this sacrifice because I have been prophesized to survive past it") and don't learn the lesson of the ordeal. So rather than keep warning people left and right, Illuminators try to mentor them in the right direction by setting up the dominoes to create the best possible effect.

A Legacy doesn't bind you, its more of a toolkit. But when I created them, I thought of a different approach to prophets. They gain insight into the future that should come to pass, but through interpretative rather than exact prophecy (Fate rather than Time). They are mentors, but are not campaigners and choose to act with a subtler hand (Prime rather than Mind, the Architects of the Future are their evil counterparts).

It really does depend on what you want to do with your character. But I had envisioned a well meaning character whose actions make them seem really shady, which is why I chose the name Grey Guards and to make them mainly come from the Guardians of the Veil.
            Last edited by KaiserAfini; 01-28-2021, 01:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X