Nameless and Accursed on DTRPG!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nameless and Accursed on DTRPG!

If you take a life do you know what you'll give? Odds are you won't like what it is. Night Horrors: Nameless and Accursed is on DriveThruRPG!

Discuss.

Black Lives Matter

He/His Pronouns | CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (WIP) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf

I've only read the intro and:

PURGE, YOU FOOL.

Comment

I'm really happy with the way the Tremere turned out. Making them an Order/template alteration rather than a Legacy was a really good choice.

Social justice vampire/freelancer | He/Him

VtR: Curses of Caine in Requiem 2ndTricks of the DamnedBtP: Secrets of VancouverCofD: The CabinActual Play: Vampire: The Requiem – Bloodlines
      Podcast: The Breakup

Comment

So I am currently just skimming through the book, but I must say that I really like the new Tremere mechanics and most of the fluff. I'm not really sure how I feel about the fact that vampires are no longer strongly connected to the Tremere, as that connection was the defining trait and point of origin for them. I am also disappointed that the Banishers chapter did not update the Timori (I think they are not even mentioned in the book). It is full of a lot of other goodness in Legacies and Nameless Orders, and the Ziggurats are awesome, and the new interpretation of the Sixth Watchtower seems to align to the famously lost Blood of Atlantis, so it is not bad- but still.

Check my STV content, Or My Homebrew

"And all our knowledge is, Ourselves to know"- An Essay on Man

I now blog in here

Comment

The whole "6th, much more powerful path with a terrible cost" thing is fun. Obviously going to want to be a Tremere, bad. But like, being a Tremere is *too* appealing to me. They're just remarkably powerful this incarnation.

My ideas are bad and I should feel bad.

Comment

Dear Authors: Thank you for including Pangloss.

I look forward to all the times my players will punch him in the dick.

Comment

I am ...i cannot find the right word.
              The cover is...strange. Very, unusual.
              It is a joke?

Comment

....am i weird for wanting to play a Nasnasi? Like they don't seem that bad((they aren't Nephandi after all)) and I think playing one who accidentally ended up in Dur-Abzu rather than deliberately decided to go down that route could be a compelling character.

Tremere as always are win <3

Comment

Originally posted by Caedus View Post
                  ....am i weird for wanting to play a Nasnasi? Like they don't seem that bad((they aren't Nephandi after all)) and I think playing one who accidentally ended up in Dur-Abzu rather than deliberately decided to go down that route could be a compelling character.

Tremere as always are win <3

Honestly, you ain't the only one. There's a level of inherent tragedy to one given how the pinnacle of Joining is a personal hell, but there's something darkly majestic about them. I can even see one befriending a normal cabal without aiming to corrupt them (too much).

Mostly because it'd be Abridged Vincent Valentine x1000

"I haven't had new company since a family of spiders laid eggs in my bones..."

Comment

I can’t believe I missed this one. Now I have it, and I’m pretty happy.

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
                    I am also disappointed that the Banishers chapter did not update the Timori (I think they are not even mentioned in the book).
                    Well, the Timori has two things against them:

1) They were an artifact of the first edition’s rather different take on the orders and Atlantis that don’t make any sense in 2e’s paradigm (wherein the orders are not literally continuations of social structures from the Time Before but rather syncretic creations of the historical period that are as much responsible for the prevailing myth of the Time Before as anything, which itself gives their symbols power). And it’s not like a bunch of Banishers is going to bother cooking up a story about how they’re the inheritors of some Atlantean order.

2) Not that anyone but me cares about these things, but “Timori” is firmly in the uncanny valley of godawful fake Latin, where you can tell what word root they’re trying to invoke, but that’s definitely not how to do it, and in fact it means something entirely different from what they clearly intend it to mean. So yeah, let that word die.
                    Last edited by Black Flag; 03-11-2020, 09:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LostLight View Post
                      So I am currently just skimming through the book, but I must say that I really like the new Tremere mechanics and most of the fluff. I'm not really sure how I feel about the fact that vampires are no longer strongly connected to the Tremere, as that connection was the defining trait and point of origin for them. I am also disappointed that the Banishers chapter did not update the Timori (I think they are not even mentioned in the book). It is full of a lot of other goodness in Legacies and Nameless Orders, and the Ziggurats are awesome, and the new interpretation of the Sixth Watchtower seems to align to the famously lost Blood of Atlantis, so it is not bad- but still.

I don't mind, because the Tremere are officially Magic Nazis now. What makes you think they're going to remember a meaningless detail like being inspired by those dirty leeches taking Awakened jobs?

Comment

Originally posted by Leliel View Post
                        Dear Authors: Thank you for including Pangloss.

I look forward to all the times my players will punch him in the dick.
                        Did you notice the shade in the PDF bookmarks?

My ideas are bad and I should feel bad.

Comment

Starting reading it, more for new rules than NPCs. I started with advised on conflict between mages in Introduction as got problem with them when running game last time - and Nameless and Accursed advises felt very lacking. They are generalizations of what we know from all 1E - I still have problems to make challenging fights with mages on mages in 2E conflicts. Not enough 'meat' or 'teeth' in this part of book.

And optional rule 'I know you Imago, so I can counter your spells better' does not seem to fit with mages conflict that works on simple 'who shoots first'. Once you 'shoot' spell, you win. There is no second take on it needed. Or at least this is how 2E game felt to me when running it.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
                          LGBT+ through Ages
                          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Is it just me or does almost every legacy attainment in this book break at least one of the attainment creation rules? So many of them use 2+ reach on attainments that should only have 1 reach available and some only have 1 reach used when they should have 2 reach available to use.

Comment

Originally posted by Leliel View Post

I don't mind, because the Tremere are officially Magic Nazis now. What makes you think they're going to remember a meaningless detail like being inspired by those dirty leeches taking Awakened jobs?
                              I did not notice the nazi part :O. Are they magical racists or just normal racists?

Comment

Working...
                              X