No announcement yet.

Lichdom through the Arcana

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KaiserAfini Okay, cool. These are all 1e splats, right? I think I’ve heard of the Timori.

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her. She/her (I saw the Chief Technology Officer for a big company do this so I guess I’ll do it too).

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
      KaiserAfini Okay, cool. These are all 1e splats, right? I think I’ve heard of the Timori.
      Yep, all of them can be found in those 1ed books. There is a pretty good unofficial conversion of the Timori here:

http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...86#post1052286

Keep in mind that Timori are likely to be Banishers, but are not necessarily. They might just be a power hungry lich that found a way to hone their magical power faster and gain immortality at the same time by stealing the power of others.

The homebrew Legacies are all 2ed.
      Last edited by KaiserAfini; 09-20-2020, 04:32 PM.

New experiences are the font of creativity, when seeking inspiration, break your routine.

The Agathos Kai Sophos, an Acanthus Legacy of strategists (Mind/Time)
      The Szary Strażnik, an Obrimos Legacy of Scholars of the Glyphs of Fate (Fate/Prime)

Comment

Thank you.

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her. She/her (I saw the Chief Technology Officer for a big company do this so I guess I’ll do it too).

Comment

In a LARP I was STing for, we created an antagonist that used Life 5 to literally transfer their brain into a younger body (of another Mage), so he was a kind of Life-based lich. My ruling was that Souls are actually interchangeable (as shown in many of the Mage materials, as long as the new Soul is also one belonging to a Mage), and it doesn't matter if you are "using" the body and soul of another Mage as long as you are the mind fully in control of both. And he would have gotten away with it, except a couple of years down the line someone completely dissintegrated them and then dissintegrated their ghost just in case.

Comment

I had an idea for an NPC/possible PC origin story where a Mage tries to achieve immortality by attempting to force his own reincarnation. Since creating and/or possessing a new body to inhabit is theoretically dispellable, he goes about creating a new iteration of himself the "natural way". Basically, he has a kid, then uses a bunch of long-term Fate, Life, and Mind effects to make sure that the child develops his exact appearance, personality, similar life experiences, and is driven to Awaken. He'd also have created a kind of astral vault, containing all of his memories and knowledge, that his child could "inherit" once he had Awakened and proven himself as his father's reincarnation. Of course, even a Master of Fate can't guarantee Awakenings, so he just does this a few dozen times, counting on probability to ensure that one of them is his "true" reincarnation. For bonus crazy points, the guy probably commits suicide just before all of the kids are born so that his "soul" can inhabit one. The intended end-result is for a younger, but otherwise exact copy of himself without needed any ongoing spells.

Anyway, I thought it would be an interesting hook for a player-character to discover that he has a bunch of identical twins, born to different mothers at different places, but they all have the same Fate-driven compulsion to find this vault somewhere in the Astral. Didn't fit any of the characters in my current game though.

The longer I study science the more I am convinced that it is functionally indistinguishable from what our ancestors would refer to as sorcery. And I would know, being both scientist and sorcerer.

Comment

Originally posted by Scriptorian View Post
              I had an idea for an NPC/possible PC origin story where a Mage tries to achieve immortality by attempting to force his own reincarnation. Since creating and/or possessing a new body to inhabit is theoretically dispellable, he goes about creating a new iteration of himself the "natural way". Basically, he has a kid, then uses a bunch of long-term Fate, Life, and Mind effects to make sure that the child develops his exact appearance, personality, similar life experiences, and is driven to Awaken. He'd also have created a kind of astral vault, containing all of his memories and knowledge, that his child could "inherit" once he had Awakened and proven himself as his father's reincarnation. Of course, even a Master of Fate can't guarantee Awakenings, so he just does this a few dozen times, counting on probability to ensure that one of them is his "true" reincarnation. For bonus crazy points, the guy probably commits suicide just before all of the kids are born so that his "soul" can inhabit one. The intended end-result is for a younger, but otherwise exact copy of himself without needed any ongoing spells.

Anyway, I thought it would be an interesting hook for a player-character to discover that he has a bunch of identical twins, born to different mothers at different places, but they all have the same Fate-driven compulsion to find this vault somewhere in the Astral. Didn't fit any of the characters in my current game though.
              I believe this is along the lines of what you are looking for, it has a Mystery built in:
              http://forum.theonyxpath.com/forum/m...eedback-wanted

You could make the experiment as a way to desperately escape the cycle, with the a given character being a backup or crucial pawn in shaping one of the true reincarnation.

Better yet, have them accidentally Defile the backup that Awakened, which by "happy" coincidence made them receive the soul of the reincarnated. Now fate needs to sort itself out and the results could be unpredictable.
              Last edited by KaiserAfini; 10-04-2020, 01:16 AM.

New experiences are the font of creativity, when seeking inspiration, break your routine.

The Agathos Kai Sophos, an Acanthus Legacy of strategists (Mind/Time)
              The Szary Strażnik, an Obrimos Legacy of Scholars of the Glyphs of Fate (Fate/Prime)

Comment

Working...
              X