Next sourcebook

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next sourcebook

If this has already been discussed or answered in a different thread please move this to that thread.

So does anyone know what's going on with Fallen World and the other book that was announced(I believe it was a Path book iirc)? I haven't seen anything bout them on Monday Meet Notes for awhile. Have they been completely scrapped and cancelled? Or are they still scheduled for development?

We know there was a fallen worlds book and a Tome of the Pentacle book. We have no idea if they have simply been delayed or cancelled.

Comment

Quote from the developer.
      Originally posted by Neos01 View Post
      Dave Brookshaw once said that in his head (not canon) the hedge was the barrier between the human mind and the soul.
      Originally posted by Meghan Fitzgerald View Post
      In fact, I canonized it in Dark Eras 2, in the Mage/Changeling crossover Wild West era! But yes, Fallen Worlds is where that sort of thing will be expanded upon, if we get the green light from White Wolf to do that one after Tome of the Pentacle. (Neither I nor Onyx Path has any control over that.)

~

Comment

Worth quoting Rich from the MMN comments here:

[QUOTE]We actually touched on this during the What’s Up With Onyx Path? panels. Right now, it was important for us to prioritize finishing the many projects for CofD that came out of recent Kickstarters, and Dark Eras 2 which came out of a KS a bit further back. So any individual ongoing line hasn’t been ignored, we were doing work for it in projects like DE2 and the Contagion Chronicle. But, even more telling as to not seeing new projects for some CofD lines on our progress reports is that we don’t put those up there until writers are actually writing, which for CofD projects has to come after we are cleared to create that project by Paradox, go through a couple of approvals, and then start hiring writers. We drew the line there as to what we could reveal when after some near-bad situations occurred with licensed projects in the past. So, yes, we are prepping new Mage: The Awakening 2e projects, and you’ll hear about them once writing has actually started. Thanks!/QUOTE]

Black Lives Matter

He/His Pronouns | CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon | Deviant (WIP) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf

Comment

[QUOTE=Second Chances;n1396958]Worth quoting Rich from the MMN comments here:

We actually touched on this during the What’s Up With Onyx Path? panels. Right now, it was important for us to prioritize finishing the many projects for CofD that came out of recent Kickstarters, and Dark Eras 2 which came out of a KS a bit further back. So any individual ongoing line hasn’t been ignored, we were doing work for it in projects like DE2 and the Contagion Chronicle. But, even more telling as to not seeing new projects for some CofD lines on our progress reports is that we don’t put those up there until writers are actually writing, which for CofD projects has to come after we are cleared to create that project by Paradox, go through a couple of approvals, and then start hiring writers. We drew the line there as to what we could reveal when after some near-bad situations occurred with licensed projects in the past. So, yes, we are prepping new Mage: The Awakening 2e projects, and you’ll hear about them once writing has actually started. Thanks!/QUOTE]
          Great! I hope they get the go ahead when the day comes.

Admittedly, part of me wonders if Fallen Worlds will be a psuedo blue book (unless they really play up the arrogant "I know what I'm talking about" nature of mages. Which would be awesome).

Comment

[QUOTE=Primordial newcomer;n1396977]
            Originally posted by Second Chances View Post
            Worth quoting Rich from the MMN comments here:

Great! I hope they get the go ahead when the day comes.

Admittedly, part of me wonders if Fallen Worlds will be a psuedo blue book (unless they really play up the arrogant "I know what I'm talking about" nature of mages. Which would be awesome).
            Fallen Worlds is supposed to focus specifically on how Mages interact with the other realms. No more relying on WtF for Shadow stuff, etc. Which is great, because Mages don’t have the same relationship with the Shadow, Underworld, etc that other splats more closely tied to them do.

Comment

Unlike, say, Book of Spirits or Book of the Dead, Fallen Worlds (if released) will likely have a lot of Mage-only stuff like spells for interacting with the different realms and their inhabitants. The book might still be useful for other gamelines, but it would lack ties between those games and these realms.

Bloodline: The Stygians
              Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
              Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Will admit that having to wait on Paradox for Fallen Worlds makes me sad. But it is understandable. My impatience for Fallen World is getting the better of me. Lol. It was announced as a MtAw book so I imagine it will be filled with Spells, Merits and other things that is more Mage focused then other splats. Can't wait for it myself.

Comment

[QUOTE=Mrmdubois;n1397304]
                  Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post

Fallen Worlds is supposed to focus specifically on how Mages interact with the other realms. No more relying on WtF for Shadow stuff, etc. Which is great, because Mages don’t have the same relationship with the Shadow, Underworld, etc that other splats more closely tied to them do.
                  Ahh ok. Mahjemm01, Paradox? Is that the focus of the next book, or is paradox just gonna be a bug part in Fallen Worlds

Comment

Paradox are the video game company that own Mage, and have to approve of any books.

Dave Brookshaw

Comment

Dave Brookshaw, is there a chance that Fallen World will cover Mage Fetishes? Or do Mages basically use the same system as WtF for that?(tbh I haven't read Wtf either edition, so I am not sure if WtF has Fetishes lol)

Comment

Originally posted by Mahjemm01 View Post
                        Dave Brookshaw, is there a chance that Fallen World will cover Mage Fetishes? Or do Mages basically use the same system as WtF for that?(tbh I haven't read Wtf either edition, so I am not sure if WtF has Fetishes lol)
                        Not only is this the wrong thread for that, Dave is no longer a developer for Mage so he's the wrong person to ask.

As for your question, they're already covered in the Mage 2e core book. (And yes, Werewolf does have fetishes, but they use a different system.)

Bloodline: The Stygians
                        Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                        Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brookshaw View Post
                          Paradox are the video game company that own Mage, and have to approve of any books.
                          OHHH that Paradox. Yeah total misunderstanding there, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Comment

I was not aware that Dave is no longer a developer for Mage. Not sure why my question is wrong for this thread tbh. I started this thread to find out information bout Fallen World and Pentacle book that was announced.

Comment

Working...
                            X