Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone summarize Keys to the Supernal Tarot for me?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone summarize Keys to the Supernal Tarot for me?

Like specifically is there any setting info connected to the various cards and their images? I’m thinking about buying it.

Scarlet Witch Mentioning you cause you know a lot about MtAw

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her. She/her (I saw the Chief Technology Officer for a big company do this so I guess I’ll do it too).

Just checked it out on DTRPG. This sounds awesome! I would still defo love some more details though.

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her. She/her (I saw the Chief Technology Officer for a big company do this so I guess I’ll do it too).

Comment

It covers the symbolism of the Paths, why they have such cards, what they mean and how to build the feel of their Mysteries. It also covers Legacies themed on counseling.The first is Mimir's Voice, focused on advice and pacifism. It has a very interesting idea, but the justification for Forces and the Attainments are all over the place.

The other is the Illuminated Path, which sees Awakening as a spectrum, so they seek to guide and protect Sleepers as they walk down this road. While Spirit makes a lot of sense to allow Sleepers to interact with and be guarded against spiritual manipulation, I think Prime, with its purview of revelation and ability to grant magical senses, would be more suited to the theme than Forces.

The last one is the Roses of Eden, which is an iconoclastic Legacy that breaks with Diamond doctrine, but its anti-establishment focus normally alienate them even from the Free Council. Their Attainments have a communal feel to them and are pretty interesting.

The book also includes two more that stand on their own. The Whipping Boys try to reach ecstatic clarity through pain. Their Attainments focus on boosting physical actions, but are less practical than the Perfected Adepts. Like the Carnival Melancholy and Fallen Pillar, it feels like they don't get enough for their troubles.

The other is the Celestial Masters, astronomers and navigators whose Attainments have a very Dr Manhattan feel to them.

Hope that helps, its certainly worth a read.
      Last edited by KaiserAfini; 09-01-2020, 06:46 PM.

New experiences are the font of creativity, when seeking inspiration, break your routine.

The Agathos Kai Sophos, an Acanthus Legacy of strategists (Mind/Time)
      The Szary Strażnik, an Obrimos Legacy of Scholars of the Glyphs of Fate (Fate/Prime)

Comment

Thank you 😊

Comment

My pleasure. If you are looking into some of the lesser known gems of 1ed, I would also like to recommend Grimoire of Grimoires , it has so much cool stuff.

There is Ialdabaoth Codex, which is a prison and catalogue of Abyssal entities, which can lead to a Legacy of Abyss hunting ghostbusters.

They also have the Hiden Gogyo Bujutsu, the Awakened equivalent of The Art of War. Scrolls scattered, each containing strategies and powerful rotes. One small problem: delve too deeply and you are Destined for a violent and glorious goal.

There are the Tablets of Umat, who lead to dangerous revelations from the primal dreams of the planet. There is Lark Demonde's Travels aka The Mage's Guide to the Dimensions. There is also the Hildebrand Recording, which contains a seance with an Abyssal being, even though that is not possible. That is just the tip of the iceberg, its really cool.
          Last edited by KaiserAfini; 09-06-2020, 09:07 PM.

New experiences are the font of creativity, when seeking inspiration, break your routine.

The Agathos Kai Sophos, an Acanthus Legacy of strategists (Mind/Time)
          The Szary Strażnik, an Obrimos Legacy of Scholars of the Glyphs of Fate (Fate/Prime)

Comment

Sounds awesome

Comment

Working...
            X