Confused about Aeons?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused about Aeons?

So Aeons are Incarnations of the 10 Arcana right? But they are in the Astral not the Supernal. Are they how the subconscious projection of how humanity sees the 10 arcana then? Or are they truly the personifications of the supernal arcana?

They're Anima Mundi Goetia, so they're how *the world* sees the 10 Arcana. But no, they're not actually Supernal entities.

Dave Brookshaw

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brookshaw View Post
      They're Anima Mundi Goetia, so they're how *the world* sees the 10 Arcana. But no, they're not actually Supernal entities.
      Thank you Dave! Final question, are they still intertwined with the supernal? Does their existence still have tons of relevance to the cosmology of Mage?

Comment

They're basically powerful being with whom you can barter for favors. They exist as a consequence of the Supernal's influence over the Material; they aren't necessary for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brookshaw View Post
          Is it true that Mordred the son of Arthur is the Aeon of Fate, or is that just speculation I read somewhere on the forums?

The die is cast. - Julius Caesar crossing the Rubicon

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post

Is it true that Mordred the son of Arthur is the Aeon of Fate, or is that just speculation I read somewhere on the forums?
            Signs of Sorcery page 118.

Mentats - a 2e Free Council Obrimos Legacy (Mind/Forces) built around being a human computer; Thaumatech Engineers - a 2e Free Council Obrimos Legacy (Matter/Prime) focusing on the creation of Imbued items and the enhancement of Sleeper technology

Comment

Originally posted by proindrakenzol View Post

Signs of Sorcery page 118.
              Thanks. Really appreciate that.

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post

He is. When Merlin Ascended, he did so because everyone assumed his Omen was to make Camelot into an utopia, when in truth it was making Camelot into a collapsed utopia.

With such an amazing display of Acanthus guile, Merlin hit the Ascension gong so hard that the Exarchs threw a tantrum and erased Camelot from the timeline. But since its a sealed Omen, its True and cannot be deleted. So Camelot ended up like Atlantis, a kingdom that "never was, a myth" that leaves traces.

The effect that had on reality was so profound that it made the Aeon of Fate assume a new form, a human form, Morded. Even though Mordred is a jerk, all in all, it was still considered an epic win by Merlin's Silver Ladder humanistic perspective.

New experiences are the font of creativity, when seeking inspiration, break your routine.

The Agathos Kai Sophos, an Acanthus Legacy of strategists
                The Szary Strażnik, an Obrimos Legacy of Scholars of the Glyphs of Fate

Comment

Originally posted by KaiserAfini View Post

He is. When Merlin Ascended, he did so because everyone assumed his Omen was to make Camelot into an utopia, when in truth it was making Camelot into a collapsed utopia.

With such an amazing display of Acanthus guile, Merlin hit the Ascension gong so hard that the Exarchs threw a tantrum and erased Camelot from the timeline. But since its a sealed Omen, its True and cannot be deleted. So Camelot ended up like Atlantis, a kingdom that "never was, a myth" that leaves traces.

The effect that had on reality was so profound that it made the Aeon of Fate assume a new form, a human form, Morded. Even though Mordred is a jerk, all in all, it was still considered an epic win by Merlin's Silver Ladder humanistic perspective.
                  Oh, so the exarchs wanted camelot to be a Utopia? Or is this a Utopia in the "it is for me, not for you" sense?

Comment

Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
                    Oh, so the exarchs wanted camelot to be a Utopia? Or is this a Utopia in the "it is for me, not for you" sense?
                    They're likely less fans of mages (or other things) ascending than they are of them awakening.

Comment

The Exarchs though "typical archmage, wants to make a utopia to seal it as his Omen, thus creating an eternal bastion of victory over us. Standard Silver Ladder stuff". So the Ruin (I think) got busy trying to bring it down. Which he/she eventually did, but then Merlin went "AHA ! I was not trying to make Camelot into a Utopia, I was trying to make it into a Ruined Utopia, you just finished my Omen for me . Now I Ascend". Naturally, this completely took the Exarchs by surprise, so all they could do at that point was throw a tantrum and erase the city from history.

In essence, Merlin embodied the Magnificent Bastard trope in the finest display of Acanthus trickery.
                      Last edited by KaiserAfini; 09-15-2020, 10:00 PM.

New experiences are the font of creativity, when seeking inspiration, break your routine.

The Agathos Kai Sophos, an Acanthus Legacy of strategists
                      The Szary Strażnik, an Obrimos Legacy of Scholars of the Glyphs of Fate

Comment

The Iron Seals of the Arcadian Arcana are the sources from which the Supernal Truths of "only Great Men influence history" and "all great empires fall" are derived.

Myrddin was an archmage who used to be an Acanthus, who cemented his Ascension by creating a perfect society led by a legendary hero and engineering its downfall.

The Prophet and the Ruin were understandably mad about getting played in this particular fashion.

Resident Lore-Hound
                        Currently Consuming: Hunter: the Vigil 1e

Comment

Wow! That’s amazing. Thanks for clarifying that.

Comment

Minor clarification, because sometimes Exact Wording Has Consequences.

Mordred, son of Arthur Pendragon, is not the Aeon of Fate.

The Aeon of Fate now basically has to wear Mordred's iconography because Merlin's Ascension has consequences.

None of the Aeon's are the figures we see them as, but the figures they present as are, for one reason or another, powerful enough images they basically have to be worn by the Aeons.

And even that's a little flubby.

EDIT: ANd I realize you said that, but in the particular instance, I think there needs be an occurence where it leads with the technicality.
                            Last edited by ArcaneArts; 09-15-2020, 10:44 PM.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
                            The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
                            Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
                              Minor clarification, because sometimes Exact Wording Has Consequences.

Mordred, son of Arthur Pendragon, is not the Aeon of Fate.

The Aeon of Fate now basically has to wear Mordred's iconography because Merlin's Ascension has consequences.

None of the Aeon's are the figures we see them as, but the figures they present as are, for one reason or another, powerful enough images they basically have to be worn by the Aeons.

And even that's a little flubby.

EDIT: ANd I realize you said that, but in the particular instance, I think there needs be an occurence where it leads with the technicality.
                              And Signs of Sorcery specifically says the Aeon of Fate appears that way to those with an Arthurian bent, they would appear as a different figure to one more aligned to a different mythology.

Mentats - a 2e Free Council Obrimos Legacy (Mind/Forces) built around being a human computer; Thaumatech Engineers - a 2e Free Council Obrimos Legacy (Matter/Prime) focusing on the creation of Imbued items and the enhancement of Sleeper technology

Comment

Working...
                              X