No announcement yet.

Confused about Aeons?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the number of mages able to recognize the iconography of Mordred offhand is vanishingly small. Like, it's probably easier to look at the Aeon of Fate to see what Mordred should look like than to learn what Mordred should look like to anticipate the Aeon of Fate's appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by galivet View Post
      I think the number of mages able to recognize the iconography of Mordred offhand is vanishingly small. Like, it's probably easier to look at the Aeon of Fate to see what Mordred should look like than to learn what Mordred should look like to anticipate the Aeon of Fate's appearance.
      Arthurian Mythos is popular and recursive worldwide. It has been reinterpreted across countless cultures, and is, across those cultures, among some of the first things their youth learns about, even as an abstract rather than any particular story collection.

If you're talking about an exact look for Mordred...that's sort of missing the point. People have the Idea of Mordred, they have a Mordred in their head. It is this Archetype that the Aeon of Fate is now branded with and plays to. Even a person who only has a passing knowledge of the Camelot story is not going to have to look around the fallen tree trying to discern which one is Mordred-it will be the one that looks the most Mordred-esque.

Now, Typhon and Echidna, on the other hand...
      Last edited by ArcaneArts; 09-16-2020, 07:15 AM.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
      The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
      Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcaneArts View Post
        Arthurian Mythos is popular and recursive worldwide. It has been reinterpreted across countless cultures, and is, across those cultures, among some of the first things their youth learns about, even as an abstract rather than any particular story collection.

If you're talking about an exact look for Mordred...that's sort of missing the point. People have the Idea of Mordred, they have a Mordred in their head. It is this Archetype that the Aeon of Fate is now branded with and plays to. Even a person who only has a passing knowledge of the Camelot story is not going to have to look around the fallen tree trying to discern which one is Mordred-it will be the one that looks the most Mordred-esque.

Now, Typhon and Echidna, on the other hand...

Takeuchi Takashi's new goal: make every Aeon a Saber clone.

Mentats - a 2e Free Council Obrimos Legacy (Mind/Forces) built around being a human computer; Thaumatech Engineers - a 2e Free Council Obrimos Legacy (Matter/Prime) focusing on the creation of Imbued items and the enhancement of Sleeper technology

Comment

Originally posted by proindrakenzol View Post

Takeuchi Takashi's new goal: make every Aeon a Saber clone.
          You have no idea how hard I worked to not make this joke in the morning. Someone had to, though.

Sean K.I.W./Kelly R.A. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Sean, Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
          The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
          Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

So are the Aeons considered "lesser" than the supernal? Is the main differentiation between them and the supernal the fact they are influenced by how the world sees them, rather than being platonic incarnations of the Arcana?

Comment

Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
              So are the Aeons considered "lesser" than the supernal?
              The Aeons are Phenomenal. If you consider anything phenomenal "lesser" than the Supernal, than sure, but that's not the only way to view it.

Is the main differentiation between them and the supernal the fact they are influenced by how the world sees them, rather than being platonic incarnations of the Arcana?
              From the perspective of a normal Mage, yes.

Mentats - a 2e Free Council Obrimos Legacy (Mind/Forces) built around being a human computer; Thaumatech Engineers - a 2e Free Council Obrimos Legacy (Matter/Prime) focusing on the creation of Imbued items and the enhancement of Sleeper technology

Comment

Originally posted by proindrakenzol View Post

The Aeons are Phenomenal. If you consider anything phenomenal "lesser" than the Supernal, than sure, but that's not the only way to view it.

From the perspective of a normal Mage, yes.
                I meant lesser in Mage cosmology lol. It's cool to know that other occult environments can hold the power of Arcana

Comment

Originally posted by Primordial newcomer View Post
                  I meant lesser in Mage cosmology lol. It's cool to know that other occult environments can hold the power of Arcana
                  Define lesser. Also, Pangaeans also had Arcana.

Bloodline: The Stygians
                  Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
                  Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post

Define lesser. Also, Pangaeans also had Arcana.
                    Lesser as in "impressive, but flawed from its separation from the supernal" from a Mages perspective

Comment

Working...
                    X