No announcement yet.

Broadly Dedicated magical tools

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

proindrakenzol Reading up on it more, I also wonder if you could even dedicate High Speech: like, how do you suffuse all of High Speech with your Nimbus?

From the Broad Dedication merit: "His Dedicated magical tool can be any kind of Yantra, including environments, investiture, mantras, and runes instead of a "normal" magical tool."

Not trying to be a pain but it says it right there

Comment

Originally posted by Servanous View Post
      proindrakenzol Reading up on it more, I also wonder if you could even dedicate High Speech: like, how do you suffuse all of High Speech with your Nimbus?

From the Broad Dedication merit: "His Dedicated magical tool can be any kind of Yantra, including environments, investiture, mantras, and runes instead of a "normal" magical tool."

Not trying to be a pain but it says it right there
      I meant from an in-universe perspective, not from a game rules perspective.

Mentats - a 2e Free Council Obrimos Legacy (Mind/Forces) built around being a human computer; Thaumatech Engineers - a 2e Free Council Obrimos Legacy (Matter/Prime) focusing on the creation of Imbued items and the enhancement of Sleeper technology

Comment

Oh I see. I think you aren't imbuing all of High Speech so much as consecrating it meaning to your mage. Maybe that's where the connection really comes from and why you need a basic understanding of Prime to do it

Comment

So It looks like the consensus is that immaterial yantras can be "stolen" just by copying them. I would have thought that one would need to abduct the Goetia from the mage's Oneiros but ok.

At the very least more merit dots in Shadow Name and Occultation merits should make copying a shadow name more difficult.

It should also be more difficult to "steal" the dedicated High Speech of a mage who has learned more merits related to High Speech (See Signs of Sorcery p 26 for examples).

I'm grateful for everyone's thoughtful feedback.
          Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X