Gideon the Ninth is pure Moros inspiration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gideon the Ninth is pure Moros inspiration

I love this book, both on its own merits and as fertile soil for Moros character concepts and Death spells. Awesome mysteries too! I actually read this book through twice back-to-back it's so good.

It's a sci-fantasy where necromancy is the sole form of magic. Many of the main characters are necromancers, they're all quite different from one another, and they use plenty of Death magic. I don't want to spoil the book by enumerating the ideas it's given me, but I really suggest you give it a read. Even if you're not interested in Moros or the Death arcanum, you'll still love it.

Harrow the Ninth (the sequel) feels like a Mystery play for Archmastery.

I agree, the books are great!

Mentats - a 2e Free Council Obrimos Legacy (Mind/Forces) built around being a human computer; Thaumatech Engineers - a 2e Free Council Obrimos Legacy (Matter/Prime) focusing on the creation of Imbued items and the enhancement of Sleeper technology

Comment

Originally posted by galivet View Post
      I love this book, both on its own merits and as fertile soil for Moros character concepts and Death spells. Awesome mysteries too! I actually read this book through twice back-to-back it's so good.

It's a sci-fantasy where necromancy is the sole form of magic. Many of the main characters are necromancers, they're all quite different from one another, and they use plenty of Death magic. I don't want to spoil the book by enumerating the ideas it's given me, but I really suggest you give it a read. Even if you're not interested in Moros or the Death arcanum, you'll still love it.
      Would you say it also leans into the sorta enlightenment/philosophy the moros have from their Awakenings?

Comment

Gideon the Ninth is nowhere near that sophisticated in the philosophy department. I can't speak to the sequel. It's a sci-fantasy; the magic is more academic than mystical.

Comment

Working...
        X