Numbers stations cryptographed text

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Numbers stations cryptographed text

Has anyone tried to decipher the text in ''Summoners'' on page 160?Is there something behind it or it is random?

You know, it never occurred to me. But yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if there's some hidden Easter egg there.

Comment

For reference and anyone who wants to run it through a decoder, I transcribed it here:

rfghpmu
      qpaamab
      lkolcwa
      nbaerlk
      wrtnpsb
      mmnywax
      zdcdula

Its not a Cesar or Vigenere cypher, I just checked.

New experiences are the font of creativity, when seeking inspiration, break your routine.

The Agathos Kai Sophos, an Acanthus Legacy of strategists (Mind/Time)
      The Szary Strażnik, an Obrimos Legacy of Scholars of the Glyphs of Fate (Fate/Prime)

Comment

The problem your going to run into with a numbers station decrypt is you need the cypher sheet for the day of the broadcast, it would change from day to day that's why cracking the stations messages were so hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight View Post
          The problem your going to run into with a numbers station decrypt is you need the cypher sheet for the day of the broadcast, it would change from day to day that's why cracking the stations messages were so hard.
          What's your reason for thinking that's the way it was cyphered?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Because that's how number stations work, first you would have to know the order to place the sequence (The CIA/MI6 was famous for using cross word puzzles in popular newspapers) then using that days cypher sheet you would pick out the letters or numbers and decode their meaning.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight View Post
              Because that's how number stations work, first you would have to know the order to place the sequence (The CIA/MI6 was famous for using cross word puzzles in popular newspapers) then using that days cypher sheet you would pick out the letters or numbers and decode their meaning.
              ​I think what Michael means is that it could be a different type of cipher that's only presented as a numbers station cipher for the sake of lore/flavour.

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              I think Dwight's reasoning behind the assumption that it's a numbers station cipher is because that's what's stated in the title of the thread.

Bloodline: The Stygians
              Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
              Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Number stations also broadcasted letters too, look up the Conet Project on YouTube, they have a massive collection of recordings

Comment

Does that mean they use a one time pad ? That is unbreakable without the encryption pad.

New experiences are the font of creativity, when seeking inspiration, break your routine.

The Agathos Kai Sophos, an Acanthus Legacy of strategists (Mind/Time)
                  The Szary Strażnik, an Obrimos Legacy of Scholars of the Glyphs of Fate (Fate/Prime)

Comment

Working...
                  X