General Discussion on Ascended Beings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KaiserAfini View Post
    Astral Luna is how people think about the moon, Shadow Luna is how people feel about the moon.
    I'm pretty sure that feelings are also present in the Astral Realms and that the Shadow personifies things as beings primal and predatory. That Luna might be capable of feeding on resonance associated with people's Moon feelings, but is not born from or dependent on such a thing.

Besides, Temenos Luna is probably just one moon deity among many, distinct from (but likely all residing in) the general collective realm of moon ideas and all still seperate from the perspective of the moon found in the furthest reaches of the Anima Mundi (the Whorl? the Sidereal Wastes? Been a while since I read the book).

Actually, aren't there multiple seperate Temenos versions of Mars?

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
    Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post

I'm pretty sure that feelings are also present in the Astral Realms and that the Shadow personifies things as beings primal and predatory. That Luna might be capable of feeding on resonance associated with people's Moon feelings, but is not born from or dependent on such a thing.

Besides, Temenos Luna is probably just one moon deity among many, distinct from (but likely all residing in) the general collective realm of moon ideas and all still seperate from the perspective of the moon found in the furthest reaches of the Anima Mundi (the Whorl? the Sidereal Wastes? Been a while since I read the book).

Actually, aren't there multiple seperate Temenos versions of Mars?
      Sidereal wastes. I haven't read it in a long while but I believe temenos mars is a mishmash of the fictional idea around mars where multiple sub realms exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Letalis View Post
        My question is, how can this be true if those being exist in the phenomenal world.
        Because the Phenomenal World is not wholly subordinate to the Supernal, they are intertwined. That's why archmasters need to establish Omens below before they can be sealed above. The Free Council in particular bases a lot on the idea that the Supernal can be affected from down here.

The Supernal symbol of the Moon is abstract, distant, possibly diffuse, if probably still mighty. The Shadow spirit of the Moon presides on high over the spirit world accompanying all creation, personifying enormous power.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
        Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

Working...
        X