How to: Spider Climb

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by proindrakenzol View Post

It's clear my erstwhile interlocutor isn't interested in actually having a discussion or argument. You can call it strawmaning or gaslighting, it doesn't really matter at this point. galivet doesn't want an honest debate and there's no reason to further engage, it's not like we're ever going to play in a game together and he can make whatever house rules he wants.
    Who are you trying to convince? I think most people can recognize a cop out when they see it. Get back in there champ and post your example Shielding spell. I want to find out if I'm right about what to expect from it or if I'm about to learn something new. Does it really come down to different interpretations of "protect" and "immune" or no?
    Last edited by galivet; 12-26-2020, 11:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by proindrakenzol View Post

It's clear my erstwhile interlocutor isn't interested in actually having a discussion or argument. You can call it strawmaning or gaslighting, it doesn't really matter at this point. galivet doesn't want an honest debate and there's no reason to further engage, it's not like we're ever going to play in a game together and he can make whatever house rules he wants.
      If you've got a problem, report it. Don't attack other posters. Leave the thread please.

Originally posted by galivet View Post

Who are you trying to convince? I think most people can recognize a cop out when they see it. Get back in there champ and post your example Shielding spell. I want to find out if I'm right about what to expect from it or if I'm about to learn something new. Does it really come down to different interpretations of "protect" and "immune" or no?
      You too.

Last edited by CTPhipps; 12-27-2020, 12:08 AM.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Im still unable to find any reference to shielding causing non interaction between the target shielded and whatever is shielded against so perhaps somebody just interpreted it that way cos science. If somebody shields themself from bullets this does not mean they cant then pick up a bullet since that bullet isn't going to cause them any harm. I get the feeling many people think that if you shielded yourself from doors you could then just ignore all doors and walk right through them cos science says if you cant interact with doors then that's what should happen....

Comment

This is a discussion older than Awakening, way back in Ascension people were trying to use Forces to control thoughts or cause heart attacks because the players are trying to pull a scientificist approach that neither game supports in the spheres and arcana.

You want to stick to the walls with a glitch in electric forces? Congratulations, it's still going to be Weaving Forces if you don't want to use Matter to make the wall sticky.

Check my Exalted homebrew!

Comment

Working...
          X