How To: Coal to Diamond

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EW-Matias View Post

This seems unmoored from sense and reason. The books don't say anything even close to any of that. All of us can play however we want, but those are not the rules nor the setting as they are presented in the game. If the designers thought any of that, they failef to write it down.
    The setting’s magic ultimately runs on symbolism, not physics. The game’s tagline is Modern Sorcery, not Sufficiently Advanced Technology. Quite moored as I see it.

EDIT: Hey you know what… Maybe Crucible can do what you suggest; not by default but with a Reach option. Maybe +2 Reach. The very existence of this discussion means that there’s enough ambiguity for the spell’s effects, and Reach is how ambiguity is covered, right?
    Last edited by 21C Hermit; 09-05-2021, 04:28 AM.

MtAw Homebrew:
    Even more Legacies, updated to 2E
    New 2E Legacies, expanded

Comment

• Originally posted by Tessie View Post

They are composed of the same chemical element, but they are by definition different substances as they have different chemical compositions (in arrangement) and different qualities.
      So, ice is a different substance from water? Just making sure.

Edit; I checked and I can't find any reference to Composition changing with molecular structure. All the definitions I find boil it down to it's formula.
      Last edited by EW-Matias; 09-05-2021, 11:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by EW-Matias View Post
        So, ice is a different substance from water? Just making sure.

Edit; I checked and I can't find any reference to Composition changing with molecular structure. All the definitions I find boil it down to it's formula.
        Absolutely first result on google (LibreTexts, a collection of univeristy material supported by several universities and the US Department of Education): "Chemical composition refers to the arrangement, type, and ratio of atoms in molecules of chemical substances. Chemical composition varies when chemicals are added or subtracted from a substance, when the ratio of substances changes, or when other chemical changes occur in chemicals."

Bloodline: The Stygians
        Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
        Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Working...
        X