Circle of Degrees Sounds Fun.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Circle of Degrees Sounds Fun.

So,in Mage 1e,the mage chronicler's guide offers a setting hack, The Circle of Degrees in which all combinations of two ruling and one inferior arcana have a Path all of their own? I know Dataweaver made new 5 paths,but have you guys ever set a game in a A world with 360?

I'd say the best thing to do in a setting like that is, rather than come up with all of them, present it in terms where there are enough Paths that mages in general assume there are 360 in total, but some of them are a lot more common than others, a lot of Paths get obscured among the general number and scant distribution of the Awakened, and there's a basic consensus that some Paths remain as yet theoretical for lack of verified examples of people going to those Watchtowers.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
    Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Isator Levi View Post
      I'd say the best thing to do in a setting like that is, rather than come up with all of them, present it in terms where there are enough Paths that mages in general assume there are 360 in total, but some of them are a lot more common than others, a lot of Paths get obscured among the general number and scant distribution of the Awakened, and there's a basic consensus that some Paths remain as yet theoretical for lack of verified examples of people going to those Watchtowers.
      Sounds like a plan!

Comment

Honestly, it sounded boring before Second Edition, and twice as much after it.

Kelly R.S. Steele, Freelance Writer(Feel free to call me Kelly, Arcane, or Arc)
        The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.-Keiichi Sigsawa, Kino's Journey
        Feminine pronouns, please.

Comment

I don't think it is necessarily boring, but it does demand that you rethink what a Path means in the first place.

#NothingAboutUsWithoutUs
          #AutismPride
          She/her pronouns

Comment

I think the big difficulty is how you would portray stuff like mage sight and path yantra. Like, are you thinking of offering the players control over what their path is, or are you thinking of basically giving them a path (maybe random)? I mean, that second option is maybe less orthodox, however researching and trying to understand your path seems to be the big selling point of the setting.

Comment

Might be worth mashing it up with Ascension to emulate Foci in an Awakening context.

MtAw Homebrew:
              Even more Legacies, updated to 2E
              New 2E Legacies, expanded

Comment

Instead of making 360 Paths, you have to create 10. Each is a proto-Path that represents the realm of an Arcana. Watchtowers actually don't exist strictly on a Supernal Realm, but on a Supernal Crossroads: the point where 3 Realms intersect, two converging and one diverging.

From this you can create a dynamic that precludes the necessity of making the Paths beforehand and you can tailor it to be an interesting game element. Just must know that this system won't work the way Paths currently work, even when you have the traditional combinations.

#NothingAboutUsWithoutUs
                #AutismPride
                She/her pronouns

Comment

Warlocks of Arcadia is more practical variant, which gives you flexibility in Arcana selection, yet doesn't require you to drop established Path symbolism and re-do all those tables about Tools, Supernal entities...

Comment

Working...
                  X