What's YOUR custom Legacy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's YOUR custom Legacy?

(I made one for Shifters, Bloodlines, now its time for Legacies!)

The Great Masters: A legacy of Obrimos martial artists who despite their functionality, originated in the west. By combining magical properties with martial arts, they attempt to recreate legendary techniques only witnessed in myths, video games, and the movies. Sometimes called Fanboys, they strive to imitate Asian masters, whether they are real or fictional. In addition to the Arcana of Forces and Prime, they have also begun to study the power of Space as well. They are most commonly found as members of the Free Council, but have occasionally joined the Adamantine Arrow if they are eager to test out their training.

The Skinless Hand: A Left-Handed Moros legacy of militant necromancers. They refine their study of raising the dead in order to produce more effective soldiers for both offensive and defensive purposes. They operate like a mercenary company, hiring themselves out to other supernatural creatures (or those who are aware of the supernatural), commanding squads of heavily armed zombies to provide security detail or assault strikes. Their insignia is a blood dripping hand with clenched fingers and the skin hanging off it in tattered strips. Because dead bodies are prone to decomposition and rigid movements, The Skinless Hand has begun to study the Arcana of Matter in an effort to make them more flexible and attract less attention from onlookers.

Beast Channelers: A Right and Left-Handed legacy of Thyrsus who combine magic with barbaric hand to hand combat. They harness the powers of the animal kingdom to perform feats normally impossible for the human body. Such powers they have demonstrated includes inflicting lethal damage with one's bare hands (as if they were claws), overturning a car with a head on tackle (like a charging rhino), or crushing a man's bones with a vice-like squeeze (like a giant snake). They are typically found within the Adamantine Arrow, but due to the savage fighting styles they specialize in, they often instill distrust and unease in the other members.

I don't own the Mage Book, so I'm not sure if these would be acceptable or not. I scraped them together after reading about the game on the Wiki.
    Last edited by Nyrufa; 06-03-2014, 10:55 PM.

They are. There's already a zombie-making Legacy called the Bokor. I guess yours could be based on that one but with optional Attainments based on Matter to further weaponize the reanimated corpses.

I'm So Meta Even This Acronym

Comment

Ah, I see. From what I read about them, they seem to create zombies based on their idea that a dead body is just a tool to be used. The idea I had for TSH is that they are hired to create zombies as part of some kind of supernatural defense contract, except they don't exactly work for the good guys. After all, what morally upstanding citizen is going to pay a bunch of death mages to fill their halls with gun toting corpses?

In other words, The Skinless Hand are Necromancers who decided to become mercenary soldiers, instead of researching in a crypt all day. Kind of awesome when I think about it.

Comment

The Supremely Focused: A powerful (though foolish) legacy of the Obrimos who have chosen to specialize in an extremely narrow focus of magic. Students of Forces, they select one particular force in the universe (Electricity, Heat, Gravity, Kinetic, Light, Radiation, est) and devote ALL of their magical training exclusively towards that focus. In doing so, they become the undisputed masters of their particular specialization, but at the cost of being limited in what kind of spells they can do. A member of The Supremely Focused can in theory accomplish any feat that is within their specialization, however.

The goal of The Supremely Focused is to become so in tuned with their chosen Force, that it becomes like an extension of their own body, and they can wield its power as naturally as breathing. Most outside this legacy consider them to be rather foolish, sacrificing flexibility in exchange for raw power.

Last edited by Nyrufa; 09-22-2014, 02:29 AM.

Comment

The Skinless Hand do nothing that the Bokor don't already do, have no incentive for material wealth, being Moros capable of transmuting their every wish, and would be better served bartering more benign services with other supernaturals than making enemies everywhere they go. They might be an interesting *cabal* of Bokor, but seem both too out in the open for a left-handed legacy to survive, and offering too little to the adherents for the risk to create an entire legacy.

As for the CoHD... I think they would unequivocally damage any game they were a part of. In a PC, they reflect the very worst of Male Gamer stereotypes and I personally would leave any game with a player that seriously suggested the legacy. As an antagonist, they're just so... petty. Vile, disguisting, and petty. Either the themes are approached maturely, and they make me gag, or they are played off as a joke, which makes me want to gag equally and for different reasons. Might they exist in the WoD? Maybe, but if I were a mage I would immediately murder any that I came across... and I suspect most other mages would as well. Being a member of a legacy requires being at least Gnosis 3 and is irreversable, any mage of that power and in that legacy is either deranged or sociopathically evil, having made the concious decision to change their soul into such a disguisting, wretched thing. ...and the way you described them, I have a hard time seeing them as being wise and cautious enough to evade the Guardians *and* Seers that would hunt them long enough to acquire likeminded apprentices to induct into the legacy.

Comment

Yep, they would never became an actual Legacy, the first one will be quickly dispossed of before he can pass it along. Its also quite juvenile and offensive because of that. Rape is a very, very serious matter, not something to happily joke about.

Comment

I thought about a Legacy, that belevies that things are the most "true" and the most "themselves" the moment they break/die/are destroyed. They're theory is that sth ceases to exist it remains existing on the concept level via people's recognition, so the moment on "death" is the time when things are closest to their Supernal Ideal (the Supernal being the realm of concept). Moros legacy with main arcana being Death and Prime, but i don't quite have the attainments thought up. I thought about sth regarding pattern scouring but i dont know.

Comment

I was about to delete them when I woke up this morning, thinking "maybe this is a tad too extreme"

But yeah, the hatred that's targeted towards them is kind of the point. They're typically immature and disrespectful mages who most likely Awakened before they were old enough to truly comprehend what that entails. And no, it wasn't intended to be a joke, just like the Malkavian's weren't intended to be the jesters of Vampirism. This is a Gothic Horror game, after all.

I wasn't aware of the requirements needed to create / join a Legacy, but now that I do, I may be able to come up with better ones in the future. Though why do you say that The Supremely Focused wouldn't survive long enough to pass it on?

Also, I apologize if the content I came up with was too extreme. I'm not sure the exact limits of what most player considers to be over the line when it comes to the mature themes of this game. I watched a gaming session for Werewolf, in which the PC's are attacked during a high-school shooting by spirit ridden assailants. I've also seen a Sabbat game session involving stuff that was straight up twisted, which I won't be repeating here.
                Last edited by Nyrufa; 06-04-2014, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Nah, the supremly focused are actually ok, I was refering to the CoHD. Thing is, it takes a member with at least the second Attainment (Gnosis 5 and Arcanum 3) to pass the Legacy along. I don't see those getting that far before being executed.

Regarding the content, thing is, this is an open forum. There's people here that had suffered abuse (sexual or otherwise) that could do without the gratuitous use of such as a shock element. At the very least a warning would be nice. This stuff is triggery for a lot of people.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorbes View Post
                    Nah, the supremly focused are actually ok, I was refering to the CoHD. Thing is, it takes a member with at least the second Attainment (Gnosis 5 and Arcanum 3) to pass the Legacy along. I don't see those getting that far before being executed.

Regarding the content, thing is, this is an open forum. There's people here that had suffered abuse (sexual or otherwise) that could do without the gratuitous use of such as a shock element. At the very least a warning would be nice. This stuff is triggery for a lot of people.
                    That said, there is a legacy that is dedicated essentially to BDSM... It is called the whipping boys (from the supernal tarot. Their whole thing is overcoming the barriers of society: http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Whipping_Boys

Code name is the Perverts. So it could be an example of how to do such a legacy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyrufa View Post
                      The Cult of Hentai Demons
                      I stopped reading RIGHT THERE.
                      Last edited by Paddon; 06-04-2014, 12:56 PM.

Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. Three times is enemy action. Four times is Infrastructure.

Rule #2: Never let the game-mechanics get in the way of a good story.

Comment

I'm slowly trying to put together a Legacy based around forming the local spirits in the mage's area into a court through the imposition of laws and customs (with the mage having significant influence in the court, natch). The basic idea came from the Wu-Leng from oMage; the Legacy might be called the Mandarins.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian888 View Post
                          I'm slowly trying to put together a Legacy based around forming the local spirits in the mage's area into a court through the imposition of laws and customs (with the mage having significant influence in the court, natch). The basic idea came from the Wu-Leng from oMage; the Legacy might be called the Mandarins.
                          You would likely want to make it spirit and fate: Spirit naturally to elicit the ordering and interaction with spirits, and fate to simulate the feudal oaths and nature of the courts. The biggest question is how to avoid pissing off any courts who lay claim to the local spirits already... Maybe make part of the legacy receiving blessings from the regional spirit lords to receive a fiefdom over your local area?

Comment

Originally posted by Freemind
                            That said, there is a legacy that is dedicated essentially to BDSM...
                            I know, the Whiping boys. Excellent Legacy by the way, pretty cool. That said, apples and oranges, rape and BDSM aren't the same thing in the least. The problem is not the sexual themes, sex is good after all, is the (non consensual) victimization and abuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorbes View Post
                              I know, the Whiping boys. Excellent Legacy by the way, pretty cool. That said, apples and oranges, rape and BDSM aren't the same thing in the least. The problem is not the sexual themes, sex is good after all, is the (non consensual) victimization and abuse.
                              I understand the difference quite clearly, having worked as a counselor for rape victims. My point was to highlight how you could do a legacy that worked outside of the norms of mainstream ideas of human sexuality, without going into the realms of abuse or rape. The only way I could see a rape based legacy ever possibly existing would be if it was a truly an abyssal creation, simply because such a concept is so destructive and dehumanizing to act as the basis of how you mold your soul.and I do not think I would use such a legacy in my game ever, especially since one of my players significant others was a victim of sexual abuse.

Comment

Working...
                              X