Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yuukale
    • Nov 2013

any other card you guys see fitting for Mastigos other than, well, the Devil ?

Historian ~ www.cronistasdastrevasbr.com

I currently ST a... MtAW 2e campaign called "Axis Mundi - Si Vis Pacem"

Comment

• Malcolm
      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
      By any chance, can you reveal whether Warlock will by the primary archetype for the Mastigos?

I don't want to give away too much or set false expectations--Dave has a pass to do and there's various tweaking left. I'll say that the Paths are personal, but have a social presence, which means what people call members has messy historical aspects. So the "primary" name is really primary Awakened slang which may or may not be justified depending on the internal reality of the Paths. Beyond what's going on in the world, there's also the matter of picking whatever we think will get people excited and into playing the Path.

Writer, Game Designer, Pro since 99.

Thoughts at mobunited.com

Comment

• Heu
        • Feb 2014

Originally posted by Yuukale View Post
        any other card you guys see fitting for Mastigos other than, well, the Devil ?
        Strength. The Hanged Man. Judgment. Maybe Justice. I think the Hanged Man might be the best canonical one. To Scourge and to be Scourged.

Currently playing at Fabula Rasa in the Cold Equations venue; planning an Obrimos for Fallen London.
        I can also be found at http://darkersolstice.tumblr.com

Comment

• thenate
          • Nov 2013

I could see Hanged Man. Tower or Hermit can also work, depending on the aspect to play up.

Personally, I really like Chariot: Juggling various impulses to command your world? Conflict and adversity as a way of life? Sounds right to me.

Grump, grouse, and/or gripe.

Comment

• Heu
            • Feb 2014

Originally posted by thenate View Post
            I could see Hanged Man. Tower or Hermit can also work, depending on the aspect to play up.

Personally, I really like Chariot: Juggling various impulses to command your world? Conflict and adversity as a way of life? Sounds right to me.
            I prefer the Chariot for Obrimos and the Hermit for Moros (it feels like the stagnation of Fours, to me, and you can't tell me the Four of Swords isn't totally a Moros card.)

Currently playing at Fabula Rasa in the Cold Equations venue; planning an Obrimos for Fallen London.
            I can also be found at http://darkersolstice.tumblr.com

Comment

• thenate
              • Nov 2013

Eh, the whole mastering black and white, sphinx/riddles, and that sort of thing seems counter to the Obrimos feel and right into munchie territory for me.

I do agree Hermit works better for the brain dead. I was just thinking about the introspective solitude angle for the chewtoys. Other cards probably hit the right tone better, though. (Priestess, mayhap?)

A friend just shared this summary of a do: http://www.ridingthetiger.org/2013/06/26/the-dokkodo/
              The thing really defines a clear path. (By that Musashi)
              Last edited by thenate; 07-24-2014, 04:35 PM. Reason: Interesting news

Grump, grouse, and/or gripe.

Comment

Working...