Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

History of Awakened - Mage Timeline

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Cannot wait more for the Dark Eras Companion then! I suppose that American Reconstrucion will have interesting Nameless War elements...


    LGBT+ in CoD games
    Dark Eras fan stuff hub ( with Eras inside ):
    Byzantine Empire in Middle Ages ( 330–1453 A.D.)
    Conquest of Paradise – Portugal and Spain in 15th century and their conquests
    My stuff for VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP

    Comment


    • #17
      I cannot find the source for the Seers of Throne intrigation in Diamond Orders after World War 2 that made distrust to Silver Ladder from Libertines. I also cannot find source for the final proclamation of Free Council as officia Order on the Convocation. If any one remember books and page numbers of those, I would be glad to be point out on those.


      LGBT+ in CoD games
      Dark Eras fan stuff hub ( with Eras inside ):
      Byzantine Empire in Middle Ages ( 330–1453 A.D.)
      Conquest of Paradise – Portugal and Spain in 15th century and their conquests
      My stuff for VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP

      Comment


      • #18
        Hey Wyrdhamster, just wanted to say, thanks for doing the work on this. It's nice to have a timeline of canon events to use as a guideline for historical chronicles.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
          I cannot find the source for the Seers of Throne intrigation in Diamond Orders after World War 2 that made distrust to Silver Ladder from Libertines. I also cannot find source for the final proclamation of Free Council as officia Order on the Convocation. If any one remember books and page numbers of those, I would be glad to be point out on those.
          Operation Oracle is in Mage Noir.


          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Gullinbursti View Post
            Hey Wyrdhamster, just wanted to say, thanks for doing the work on this. It's nice to have a timeline of canon events to use as a guideline for historical chronicles.
            Agreed. Mage is one of my weak areas, so havering someone else working on a timeline is really helpful for my own projects! Incorporating the info now.


            Freelancer - Dark Eras 2
            He/His Pronouns
            CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Second Chances View Post

              Agreed. Mage is one of my weak areas, so havering someone else working on a timeline is really helpful for my own projects! Incorporating the info now.
              Will the 19th century info I can't talk about yet (from the Beast Reconstruction Dark Era) be useful for anything you're currently planning? I don't know when it'll be released, I can't wait for it to be.


              -

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by hm8453a View Post

                Will the 19th century info I can't talk about yet (from the Beast Reconstruction Dark Era) be useful for anything you're currently planning? I don't know when it'll be released, I can't wait for it to be.
                Well, my ambition is to create a timeline history of everything (I am over ambitious) both for CofD and world history in general. So, especially since my American history is much weaker than my Canadian, Islamic, Scientific, and Roman history, I'm gong to with a resounding yes. I can't wait until the Dark Eras Companion makes it way into my hands!


                Freelancer - Dark Eras 2
                He/His Pronouns
                CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

                Comment


                • #23
                  Added events from Mage Noir and Silver Ladder books.


                  LGBT+ in CoD games
                  Dark Eras fan stuff hub ( with Eras inside ):
                  Byzantine Empire in Middle Ages ( 330–1453 A.D.)
                  Conquest of Paradise – Portugal and Spain in 15th century and their conquests
                  My stuff for VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I really wish Operation Oracle was given more space; the short write-up leaves me with so many questions.


                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Is there anything useful/relevant to M:tAw history in Magical Traditions?


                      My name is Colleen. My favorite song is "Wildwood Flower." My ambition is to write the complete history of the White Wolf/Onyx Path universe.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by JulianMoon View Post
                        Is there anything useful/relevant to M:tAw history in Magical Traditions?
                        Not really, no. It's very inspirational for your headcanon if you want, but the supplement never had that much of specific setting info, focusing more in describing different Sleeper magical traditions in the context of Supernal magic and its use for mages. You're better off with Secrets of the Ruined Temple, any of the Order Books, Legacies the Ancient or Left-Hand Path.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          I really wanted to like Magical Traditions, but ultimately found it pretty disappointing. The traditions listed are pretty narrow and the guidelines for incorporating more are practically nonexistent.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            For those of us who are visually inclined, I've added as many of wyrdhamster 's dates to my own timeline and made an image of just Mage stuff. I'm only including stuff that was printed in the books, but the fan contributions are excellent hooks as well!

                            EDIT: Sigh, and obviously Aeon decides now is the perfect time to glitch. The one data point at the end without a title is the release of the Ancient Lands Pentology.
                            Last edited by Second Chances; 10-20-2016, 11:27 PM.


                            Freelancer - Dark Eras 2
                            He/His Pronouns
                            CofD booklists: Beast I Changeling | Demon (TBA) | Deviant (TBA) | Geist l Hunter l Mage | Mummy | Promethean | Vampire | Werewolf (WIP)

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I think the different new Atlantis (Silver Ladder, Mysterium and Guardians books) could be added to the timeline.

                              Not as attempts of the order mages to recreate Atlantis (that was a latter myth), but as independent attempts of different mages of different cultures in different times of reaching the Supernal.
                              Maybe those attempts inspired the latter myth of the Celestial Ladder, and when the Atlantis mythology was created, they were added as attempts of recreate it, rewriting history in the tales.
                              Last edited by Uxas; 10-21-2016, 12:44 AM.


                              LAND OF THE DAMNED: SPAIN (Spanish): Land of the Damned: Spain, Kingdoms of Blood: Spain; Cities of the Damned: Barcelona, Valencia, Carthian Constitution (1812), Three Arrows Pact:

                              OTHERS (Spanish): Demon: The Redemption, Bloodlines: The Forgotten

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Uxas View Post
                                I think the different new Atlantis (Silver Ladder, Mysterium and Guardians books) could be added to the timeline.

                                Not as attempts of the order mages to recreate Atlantis (that was a latter myth), but as independent attempts of different mages of different cultures in different times of reaching the Supernal.
                                Maybe those attempts inspired the latter myth of the Celestial Ladder, and when the Atlantis mythology was created, they were added as attempts of recreate it, rewriting history in the tales.
                                It's generally good ideas - only I do not remeber concrete dates to point them. Have more precises dates than 'After the Fall'? Have we got list of those, as I probably missed those in Order books?

                                I mean they probably end like 'Lemuria Civilization, with large Gnosticon cult' or something, cause Orders are ancient times in 2E, so modern Diamond just like say 'They were forefathers, as our Order was made based on their legacy-cults'.


                                LGBT+ in CoD games
                                Dark Eras fan stuff hub ( with Eras inside ):
                                Byzantine Empire in Middle Ages ( 330–1453 A.D.)
                                Conquest of Paradise – Portugal and Spain in 15th century and their conquests
                                My stuff for VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X