Mage 2d ed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mage 2d ed

I'm thrilled with MtA 2d so far and I can't wait to put my paws on it ^^ I think I read somewhere in the forum that it should be released in December. Any chance it will be available by Christmas ?

Not really.

Comment

Yeah, that was just an early estimates, but it's close.

Comment

As far as I know it's been slowed down by the whole acquisition by Paradox and nWoD rebranding business, also by the art segment taking longer than expected. The actual book text has been done since GenCon (so, it finished some time in July). It's been in editing, art, layout, and proofing since then. At the moment there's way too many steps left for it to be out in a week.

The original estimated release date was Fall 2014 though, so I've been operating on "it'll be out when it's out" basically since we stopped getting dev spoilers.

Given the "We are able now to move ahead with several books that were awaiting the new branding" from the Monday blog post, it probably got halted for at least a few weeks while the deal was going down and then while OPP waited to find out what was going to happen to their ability to publish WoD books.
        Last edited by Juhn; 12-17-2015, 04:43 PM.

Comment

I just hope they don't go with that horrible gold color with the barely readable font. It is pretty exciting to know they have full permission to go ahead with planned books that aren't yet announced though.
          Last edited by Kumiko; 12-17-2015, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Thanks fo the answers

Comment

It's getting quite close though. The latest word I've seen (From December 15th) is that they're presently going through the book checking for problems caused by changing the product line title from "World of Darkness" to "Chronicles of Darkness"

After that, "Once we go through and make the swap ... it still needs WWP approval. Then the Advance PDF."

So it's pretty close to completion, but those last few steps can take a while. I'm sure the lovely people who make our books probably want to have an opportunity to enjoy Christmas themselves and other selfish concerns like that too. However with the Chronicles of Darkness book now complete(ish), I think that will make it a lot easier for them to get the Mage 2e book finished and released.

Comment

Oh, layout and everything is already done? Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Juhn View Post
                  Oh, layout and everything is already done? Nice.
                  I'm not 100% sure. Seems that way but it was never marked off as complete (that I saw). I think what happened was it was done but they didn't announce it straight away because of the whole Paradox/WWP/Change of name stuff coming up and complicating everything. Now it's back to not being finished because the change of name may change some of the layout etc. That's the impression I got from reading the announcements and notes at any rate.

Comment

Fingers crossed!

Comment

The only thing we can know for certain is that the whole fusion with paradox, and the change to chronicles of darkness is going to slow everything down. Unless we get very lucky and the authors go in overdrive mode, we will have to wait till January, or even more.

Comment

The fact that there are multiple remaining Approval steps and fewer than 2 weeks left in the year on its own means it's not going to happen this year, I would think I don't think I've seen anything shoot through approvals in under a week. Hopefully next month, though. May depend on how much time people take off for the holidays?

Comment

Originally posted by Firanai View Post
                          The only thing we can know for certain is that the whole fusion with paradox, and the change to chronicles of darkness is going to slow everything down. Unless we get very lucky and the authors go in overdrive mode, we will have to wait till January, or even more.
                          At this point in development, the authors' jobs are done. It's just waiting on approval from Paradox. That could mean relatively soon (maybe January?) if they just look it over and rubber stamp it. It could mean a lot longer if they send it back with changes they want to see made.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

will it come out in 2016 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Basic View Post
                              will it come out in 2016 ?
                              Almost certainly.

Was this meant to be funny?

Comment

Working...
                              X