Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Menace View Post
    A question about mage sight and emanation realms:
    What if in a emanation realm you use mage sight attuned to a realm different than the emanation ? For instance a Moros using mage sight in a Arcadian emanation realm.
    Mmm, I don't think it would work any differently. After all, every Supernal Realm contain symbols for all Arcana anyways, just in different ratios.

Comment

Mage sight isn't attuned to Arkana, it's attuned to path. When he was talking about mage sight Dave many times said that a Moros can "see Stygia in the underworld" aka you see the realm overlapping over whatever place you are in. So the question is, can you see say Stygia in an Arcadian emanation and if yes, how does it look ?
      Last edited by Menace; 03-29-2016, 01:33 AM.

Comment

The danger of a formal answer on this is that it could knock out a major mystery.

If the answer is conclusively "It doesn't matter" or "It utterly matters" the options for interpreting the supernal world are drastically reduced. (That is, if the wrong path sees nothing or sees everything like they normally would.) To avoid that, I suggest something softer, where the wrong path gets some sorts of difficulties looking at things---especially if one of their arcana is inferior---but the sight still works. In emanations of non-path realms, if any, everyone would get a penalty, though some might get more or less than in others.

But what do I know?

Grump, grouse, and/or gripe.

Comment

I would say that, with Emanations described as being akin to Fallen Verges in the Supernal, a mage of a different Path would see something equivalent to their Realm underlying the Fallen elements that are extending into the other Realm. I picture something similar for Supernal Verges, since they're still a particular Realm being more overt in the Fallen World, rather than the Realm itself. I'd say a lot of mages who try to come up with neat cosmology diagrams look at that kind of thing and see the universe as being more like a complex knot than a layer cake.

I have approximate knowledge of many things.
          Write up as I play Xenoblade Chronicles.

Comment

That's pretty much the same result with a different approach if you show the elements of unaligned realms as a bit more sparse than normal.

If mages see such alignments as their own path but with gaps filled in with the other realm's symbols, that could be fun.

Grump, grouse, and/or gripe.

Comment

So if a mage look too deep into the Supernal, the inhabitants of the supernal realms can see the mage and interact with the mage. I'm curious about something,can the inhabitants interact with whatever the mage was looking at the first place? Like,if the Thyrsus looks at a corpse,and a Beast from the primal wild shows up,will the Beast eat the corpse?

Comment

I guess that would become more evident when we look at the writeup for supernal entities. My guess is that they use Arcana and basically follow some agenda related to their symbol (so they would be kind of like super-spirits).

Comment

Working...
                X