• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlocking the Brighter Road [Prime 3]
    Practice: Perfecting
    Primary Factor: Potency
    Suggested Rote Skills: Craft, Survival, Occult

This spell reinforce the supernal connection between the mage and his tower, thus providing a safer route to bring forth Supernal entities
    It grants [Potency] extra rolls to the extended action.

+2 Reach: the extra rolls are extra safe so there can't be abyssal incursion [edited]
    +1 Reach: the extra rolls get 9-again
    Last edited by Sir Bardiel; 11-03-2017, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• I would make the first Reach clause a +2 Reach option, good spell though.

Comment

• I'll need some help.
        something like stepping into shadows and re-emerging from another shadows

how do you think I can make this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir Bardiel View Post
          I'll need some help.
          something like stepping into shadows and re-emerging from another shadows

how do you think I can make this?
          Space+Death is you mean it as a Teleport. Death 4 to become a Shadow and slip in and out of them.

Comment

• Space 4 alone could optically accomplish the Teleportation part on it's own. A death 1 knowing spell casts on the area should make you aware of all shadows you could step to.

My Mage 2e Homebrew

Comment

• If I had Space I wouldn't need Death at all :\
              So no means of "shadowstep" ok

Comment

• You could use a shadow as a doorway to twilight, thus disappear and reappar. But you'd have to move the distance between the shadows normally within twilight. So yeah teleportation without Space isn't really a thing.

My Mage 2e Homebrew

Comment

• Is there any interest in a compilation of all of these spells that people are coming up with? I don't want to start one if there's already one out there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Adrasalieth View Post
                    Hi there !
                    Since I like homebrewing things for Mages (Legacies in particular), I took the initiative of gathering "completed" Spells into a google doc. I tried to avoid redundancies and still-in-progress Spells : the name disclaimer is only the name of the one who posted the Spell in its final version, not necessarily the original ideas (feel free to make reclamation if you feel prejudiced).

Edit: I counted 199 Spells. Cool, isn't it ?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing
                    Originally posted by Johnny Awesome View Post
                    Is there any interest in a compilation of all of these spells that people are coming up with? I don't want to start one if there's already one out there.
                    Most of them are here, there have been new spells since then that you should feel free to compile though.

Comment

• Ok. Thanks. I'm glad I asked, because I would have wasted my time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir Bardiel View Post
                        If I had Space I wouldn't need Death at all :\
                        So no means of "shadowstep" ok
                        You should bear in mind that these "rulings" aren't exactly binding and you can do whatever you and your group happen to find the most fun. Basically all tabletop RPGs have deep flaws in their rules that render games unfun for whatever reason, or they imply things that they didn't mean to.

I don't know if they have this in 2E in Mage: the Awakening, but in 1E, they had this blurb about how you can analogize Temporal Sympathy to Spatial Sympathy, which implied you could just add Time 2 to any spell to cast it retroactively. Now, I'm pretty sure they didn't mean to insinuate that, but they did. Then there were also plenty of spell combos that were RAW OP.

So I think the real question is, do you think that using Death to shadow stepping makes sense, narratively? Sure. I'd say it does. So just do it. Make something up you and your friends think is cool and go with that.

Comment

• Just a quick question to see if I get things right. There's a spell Erode Resonance that removes the Resonant/Open Condition on the target as a Lasting effect. Can the same spell be cast in reverse (that is, adding the Resonant Condition to the target) with the same Arcanum requirement (Spirit 3)? Or what does it take to magically add this Condition to something?

CoD Rules Summary

Comment

• Originally posted by Ynas Midgard View Post
                            Just a quick question to see if I get things right. There's a spell Erode Resonance that removes the Resonant/Open Condition on the target as a Lasting effect. Can the same spell be cast in reverse (that is, adding the Resonant Condition to the target) with the same Arcanum requirement (Spirit 3)? Or what does it take to magically add this Condition to something?
                            Check Opener of the Way, Spirit 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrmdubois View Post

Check Opener of the Way, Spirit 2.
                              The way I read it, Opener of the Way either turns Resonant into Open or Open into Resonant, but you cannot add Resonant onto something from thin air.

Follow up question regarding Erode Resonance. Say, I remove the Resonant Condition from my car in order to save it from a certain car/traffic spirit's attempts to control it through Manifestations. Now, it says the effects are Lasting, but clearly, once the spell's Duration is over, it would eventually become Resonant again, right? (I mean, it _is_ a car, after all).

CoD Rules Summary

Comment

• Weaving could probably add the resonant tag for the duration of the spell, but I don't think it should be lasting.

My Mage 2e Homebrew

Comment

Working...
                                X