Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm, I haven't seen much in the way of improvising with Time, I imagine something you could do with Weaving/Patterning is healing by essentially dilating time for specific parts of a subject (ie whatever they could heal naturally with time, being healed faster than it otherwise might be at least to the perception of the subject and others.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Arduras View Post
      Hmm, I haven't seen much in the way of improvising with Time, I imagine something you could do with Weaving/Patterning is healing by essentially dilating time for specific parts of a subject (ie whatever they could heal naturally with time, being healed faster than it otherwise might be at least to the perception of the subject and others.)
      Considering the holistic nature of magic you’d have to accelerate the healing rate of the entire Pattern rather than just a specific part. You could do it though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrmdubois View Post

Considering the holistic nature of magic you’d have to accelerate the healing rate of the entire Pattern rather than just a specific part. You could do it though.
        I more meant that I was only accelerating the healing, not say, aging or other aspects of how they interact with time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arduras View Post

I more meant that I was only accelerating the healing, not say, aging or other aspects of how they interact with time.
          A reach effect to avoid the deleterious affects of a time based healing spell would be fair imo.

Comment

• Body Control (Life **)

As the base spell, M:tA 2nd ed. pg. 148, with the following additional Reach option:

"Add Time *: with Time 1, one Mana, and a Reach, the Mage can apply Defense against ranged attacks, as enhanced reflexes are supported with precognitive insight."
            Last edited by AmusedByIrony; 05-16-2018, 07:05 PM. Reason: (Upon reflection, added 1-Mana cost to keep power commensurate with "Acceleration" (Time 3) and various Mage Armors.)

Comment

• Originally posted by AmusedByIrony View Post
              Body Control (Life **)

As the base spell, M:tA 2nd ed. pg. 148, with the following additional Reach option:

"Add Time *: with Time 1 and a Reach, the Mage can apply Defense against ranged attacks, as enhanced reflexes are supported with precognitive insight."
              Now that's pretty legit if you don't have a mana for the reflexive mage armour.

Not a whole new spell but my own creative reach effect for Animal Minion is to leave your body "in a loop" of actions or leave it with an instinctive urging instead of just dropping uselessly and whatnot. The most notable advantage being that you can hide or give yourself a rudimentary defense (or alarm) depending on what the situation requires.

Repeater
              Time: ruling
              Primary factor: duration
              When in combat, you may use short bursts even if your weapon would otherwise not be able to as time contracts and you appear to complete simple actions with startling speed. Effectively increase one step up on the auto-fire chart for any weapon the subject is a using. This can be applied to any simple or menial action such as splitting logs or kicking a door, in those cases add potency as a die bonus

1 reach: raise an additional step on the chart, this reach effect can be applied multiple times to access cover fire and longer bursts. Melee weapons cannot use covering fire.
              Last edited by Arduras; 05-10-2018, 08:25 AM.

Comment

• A few from me.

Transplant (Life 2 - Rulling)
                Primary factor: Duration
                Regrowing lost limbs and organs is moderately difficult with Magic but with the advent of modern transplantology it wasn't long till Mages found an easier way. This spell allows to transplant a part of a body from one person to another. The magic used in the spell mean that unline mundane transplants you don't have to worry about rejection, immunosupresants or rehab, the "new" part is fully fuctional from the get go. Parts must be taken from a still living subjects.
                + 1 Reach: Parts can be a taken from a recently dead person
                + 2 Reach: Parts might come from a different species, for instance the Mage can implant a predators claw if place of the subjects hand. For specific effects this might grant check the spell "Transform Life" (MtAw core pg.150)

Reinforce Patern (Prime 2 - Rulling)
                Primary factor: Potency
                This spell allows the Mage to infuse the subject with mana restoring Health or Structure up to a maximum egual to potency. It takes 3 mana to restore a point of lethal or bashing dmg or structure. Alternatively 3 mana can be spent to remove a single physical Tilt or mental condition.
                +1 Reach: For 3 mana the subject gains a single dot in a physical attribute.

Words Unbound (Prime 3 - Perfecting)
                Primary Factor: Duration
                Although god twisted human tongues for the sin of constructing a tower to heaven, all languages are still a way of transfering truth between people. The mage can bolster that truth making it pierce through the barrier of worlds and phrases. The subject is understood by anyone present regardless of any languague she is speaking. He may even speak gibberish and other will still understand the meaning behind his words.

Leaden Feathers (Matter 3 - Perfecting/Fraying)
                Primary Factor: Potency
                The Mage alters the weight of an object, each point of potency either doubling or halving the subjects weight.
                +1 Reach: The object becomes lighter than air causing it to float up.

​Any comments?

Comment

• Menace Transplant can be Lasting for +2 Reach, and a mana I think. Unless using the Reach effect to transplant cross species organs, that shouldn’t be Lastihg.

Reinforce Pattern should be like Devouring the Slain, 3 dots and limited to the number of times the Mage can reinforce his Pattern per day based on Gnosis. +1 Reach can get around that limitation.

Words Unbound is good, I’d just leave out the option to speak gibberish. Gibberish isn’t language, and deliberately isn’t so, it’s purpose is to be unintelligible.

Leaden Feathers is good.
                  Last edited by Mrmdubois; 05-17-2018, 09:02 AM.

Comment

• nevermind.

Comment

• Light of Elder Days (Matter 3, Time 2)
                      Practices: Unveiling, Perfecting
                      Withstand: Temporal Sympathy
                      Suggested Rote Skills: Craft, Academics, Occult

Almost always cast with advanced area, this spell restores a building to its original state. If the Potency of the spell at least equals the highest Durability of any material present in the original structure, the spell succeeds. An exceptionally large building, such as a skyscraper or hospital, can be restored if the areas being restored are intuitively obvious, such as a wing of a hospital ora floor of a skyscraper. Note that this spell restores only the building, not its contents. As a good rule, if something can simply be picked up and removed, it's not part of the building.

+2 Reach: the restoration is Lasting.

Comment

• Originally posted by LadyLens View Post
                        Light of Elder Days (Matter 3, Time 2)
                        Practices: Unveiling, Perfecting
                        Withstand: Temporal Sympathy
                        Suggested Rote Skills: Craft, Academics, Occult

Almost always cast with advanced area, this spell restores a building to its original state. If the Potency of the spell at least equals the highest Durability of any material present in the original structure, the spell succeeds. An exceptionally large building, such as a skyscraper or hospital, can be restored if the areas being restored are intuitively obvious, such as a wing of a hospital ora floor of a skyscraper. Note that this spell restores only the building, not its contents. As a good rule, if something can simply be picked up and removed, it's not part of the building.

+2 Reach: the restoration is Lasting.
                        This is basically just the Time 3 spell Temporal Summoning.

Comment

• Mrmdubois Thanks for the feedback. As for transplant I didnt want to include a lasting option because the effect is intented for a particular legacy I'm thinking about. I agree about the others after thinking a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Menace View Post
                            Mrmdubois Thanks for the feedback. As for transplant I didnt want to include a lasting option because the effect is intented for a particular legacy I'm thinking about. I agree about the others after thinking a bit.
                            I fail to see the problem with adding a Lasting option just because you’re building a legacy that won’t use it.

Comment

• A few spells I used for my homebrew conversion of Cult of the Doomsday Clock:

Cut History (Time ••••)
                              Practice: Unraveling
                              Withstand: Sympathy (Connection)
                              Suggested Rote Skills: Subterfuge, Politics, Empathy
                              The past need not haunt the present with its ills, nor blind it with bygone bliss. This spell destroys the subject's temporal sympathy with a specific moment in her life as designated by the mage. Destroying one subject's sympathy with more of her past selves is done by increasing Scale as the Number of subjects.
                              While this spell does not directly affect memories, the fading sympathy will slowly cause people to simply forget naturally. The spell's effect is Lasting, but if the subject or anyone else is still aware of the fading history, they can make efforts to reconnect. This means that histories of objects not particularly famous are in more danger of being cut away without recovery.
                              Add Mind ••: The spell now does affect minds, suppressing people's memories of the targeted history for the spell's Duration.

Killer's Eye (Death •)
                              Practice: Unveiling
                              Primary Factor: Duration
                              Suggested Rote Skills: Weaponry, Brawl, Intimidation
                              The necromancer invites Death's own gaze, revealing the fragile threads that hold life together. For the spell's Duration, her subject gains the Killer Instinct Merit (as per Beast: The Primordial) at a rating equal to the spell's Potency, up to the normal three-dot limit. The subject must still spend an instant action assessing their target to activate the Merit, but is free to divide the granted dots among the usual effects.
                              +1 Reach: With a point of Mana, the spell may grant Killer Instinct beyond three dots.
                              +1 Reach: The subject no longer needs to spend a turn assessing his target, doing so as a reflexive action.

Disperse Wounds (Death •)
                              Practice: Fraying
                              Suggested Rote Skills: Medicine, Survival, Empathy
                              A skilled necromancer can not only draw death but repel it. This spell downgrades levels of lethal damage equal to its Potency to two levels of bashing damage. If the bashing damage exceeds the subject’s Health, it overflows into lethal damage as normal.
                              +1 Reach: The spell can affect bashing damage, downgrading it into non-damage. Potency may be split between damage types.
                              Add Life •••: The spell also clears Physical Tilts tied to affected Health boxes, despite the damage still being present.
                              Add Matter •••: The spell now extends to objects, healing their Structure damage. Objects restored this way however gain a variant of the Fragile Condition (as per Chronicles of Darkness), the resolution of which returns the past Structure damage.

MtAw Homebrew: Even more Legacies, updated to 2E

Comment

• Bath Time (Matter 2)
                                Practice: Ruling
                                Suggested Rote Skills: Medicine, Occult, Survival

Exactly what it says on the tin. This spell forces all dirt, grime, etc. on the subject's body to fall away. The spell makes no attempt to distinguish, for example, makeup from dried mud: if it's not alive, it goes away. Note that hair and skin are part of a living being's Pattern, and thus unaffected. It is recommended the subject be unclad unless a need to visit a laundry should also be desirable. The target is now as clean as if she had just taken a very thorough shower, and brushed her teeth completely. Larger-than-human targets require increased Size. The resulting clean state lasts as long as it normally would.

+1 Reach: The spell can be used to selectively remove or not remove particular things.
                                Last edited by LadyLens; 05-19-2018, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X