Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P. 318 - "Swooning" ; In the Chronicles of Darkness book, this condition is called "Swooned". For consistency's sake, the condition should probably be called "Swooned".

Also, formatting: Conditions on P. 318 are out of alphabetical order. Should be: Soul Shocked, Soulless (Persistent), Spooked, Steadfast, Swooned, Thrall
    Last edited by Froggy711; 05-13-2016, 01:53 AM.

Comment

• P.318 - Thrall: Description refers to the "Broken" condition on P. 181. This is an incorrect page reference. It should instead refer to P. 314

Comment

• P. 317 - The "Megalomaniacal" condition reads:

"As well, she gains an additional “Selfish” Vice and a “Dominate Others” Obsession that replaces one of her current Obsessions so long as she maintains this Condition."

It could probably be more clear in this description what an "Obsession" is. Players may confuse this with another type of stat, like virtue, vice, etc. Perhaps saying something like "she gains an additional "Selfish" vice and an Obsession Condition to "Dominate others" so long as she maintains this Condition.

Comment

• P. 319-323 - Formatting: In the Chronicles of Darkness core rulebook, The first paragraph of every tilt is listed as Description: ...

Labeling the first paragraph of the Tilt as the Description paragraph appears to have been abandoned in this book.

Comment

• Maybe I've missed it, but I couldn't find any mention in the document about fulfilling your Virtue or Vice causing your Nimbus to flare.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prometheus View Post
              Maybe I've missed it, but I couldn't find any mention in the document about fulfilling your Virtue or Vice causing your Nimbus to flare.
              That's 'cause it doesn't.

Dave Brookshaw

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Brookshaw View Post

That's 'cause it doesn't.
                Ah. That would explain it then. Thanks. I still had my head full of the dev blogs and with the Virtue and Vice not being properly put into the character creation before the errata, I thought it prudent to ask.

Comment

• -Astral section has no rules for navigating within a layer, only between them.
                  -Once you are in the Oneiros you use a different attribute spread, you don't actually have the attributes the book wants you to roll to get to the next layer anymore.
                  -Explanation of astral entry via Hallow doesn't explain what happens if the Hallow doesn't produce enough mana to get the requisite number of points from it. Timelimit for how long you have to spend the mana. (I.e what happens if a cabal of 4 wants to use a 1 dot Hallow to get into the astral)

My custom legacy (2e)- The Disciples of Rathma - Life/Death focused Moros/Thyrsus Legacy, comments appreciated

Comment

• Pg. 190, Weight of Years: How long does the Reach effect last on inflicted targets? Damage spells usually have lasting consequences, but this one is Perfecting as opposed to Fraying and the living subject's Athletics being permanently reduced from the "sheer exhaustion" doesn't sound very right. I'm not clear on the intent behind this one.
                    Last edited by YeOfLittleFaith; 05-13-2016, 11:07 AM.

Comment

• Pg 82. The character generation section doesn't mention that you get three Aspirations to begin with. It is mentioned when they get defined, but it's outside the detailed steps. Perhaps you could add "and Aspirations" to the Determine Obsessions step on the quick reference chart, to make sure people don't miss it?

Comment

• In shapechanging, it states "+1 Reach: The subject takes on a swarm form and maintains control of hundreds or thousands of tiny creatures. See the sidebar below."

The side bar it refers to is actually two pages -above- this statement.

Comment

• In case it's not been mentioned (yes, I checked, but suspect my forum-fu is weak), the mechanics of Chaos Mastery might - might - need some clarification. If you withstand the whole spell, can you still be subjected to the damage part? Can all these reflective actions be taken at once (i.e. all as damage etc). Yes, the truth is a sensible Storyteller will litigate this sensibly, but some phrasing could be clarified.

Should Present as Past not be withstood, as it is predicting an individual? What of Prophecy/divination/other perception type spells?

Comment

• Originally posted by Froggy711 View Post
                            P. 317 - The "Megalomaniacal" condition reads:

"As well, she gains an additional “Selfish” Vice and a “Dominate Others” Obsession that replaces one of her current Obsessions so long as she maintains this Condition."

It could probably be more clear in this description what an "Obsession" is. Players may confuse this with another type of stat, like virtue, vice, etc. Perhaps saying something like "she gains an additional "Selfish" vice and an Obsession Condition to "Dominate others" so long as she maintains this Condition.
                            Obsessions aren't Conditions though. They're their own thing, and the closest analogy would be Aspirations, not Conditions.

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
                              Obsessions aren't Conditions though. They're their own thing, and the closest analogy would be Aspirations, not Conditions.
                              There is a Obsession Condition, however, copy pasted from the corebook. I would remove it or rename it to avoid confusion, because I already had players ask if they get this condition as part of picking Obssession.

Char gen:
                              Character creation says you pick a "6 dots worth of rotes". However, in 2nd ED, all rotes are "equal" in cost; this means that post char gen, there is no difference between purchasing 3rd dot Rote and 1st dot Rote. However, at character creation, rotes are "priced" according to level of spell they are based on. While this encourages picking low level rotes in some manner, it also creates XP creep between characters who picked a lot of low level rotes and characters that picked 3 dot rote; this can create a gap of 3 XP: character with 2 3rd dot Rotes is going to have spent 6 XP to get 2 XP worth of stuff, while someone who picked 6 low level Rotes gets 1-per-1 XP purchase, gaining a net advantage of 3 XP. This means that two characters with the same suite of Rotes could pay different XP values for it depending on the "build order" they picked (read - system mastery).

Pattern Bolstering:
                              Pattern Bolstering allows you to remove a "Physical Tilt" or "Mental Condition". However, game never categorizes Conditions and Tilts in such way - they were never definied from this angle. Conditions are categorized as either Persistent or, well, not Persistent; Tilts are Personal or Environmental. Of course, you may say that you should just follow common sense for what is Physical Tilt or Mental Condition, but it's still using non-existing categorization like it's a thing. Other than that, "Physical Tilts" and "Mental Conditions" lead to weird lack of coherence; certain things switch their states between Tilt and Condition; for example, Blind is a Tilt during combat (and thus you can remove it with Pattern Bolstering),but outside of combat, it becomes a [Physical] Condition, and thus becomes unable to be Bolstered. In similar manner, Insane tilt is probably some sort of Madness Condition outside of combat, thus being purgeable, but becomes not purgeable during actual combat.
                              Additionally, as written, characters can remove Persistent Conditions with Pattern Bolstering.

High Speech (not the merit, but the description in the same section as Gnosis and Wisdom) :
                              High Speech mentions that you can use it to enhance Persuasion and Intimidation rolls. While it explains how it penalizes Expression and Subterfuge, it never actually states how do you use it to enhance Persuasion and Intimidation.
                              Last edited by WHW; 05-13-2016, 10:09 PM.

Comment

• One major Errata -

Game is called Mage: The Awakening - but instead calling "Awakening" that Supernal World section in chapter 2, page 60 ( all about event of Awakening itself ), we have marked as term Awakening section in chapter 3, page 81, on RULES of Awakened. Not better is to rename first section in to "Awakening - Supernal World" and second simply in to "Rules of Awakened" or even "Awakened"?

Game is about events after "Awekening" but when I look in to ToC, I got mared this as RULES for characters, not the event itself.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
                                LGBT+ through Ages
                                LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
                                X