No announcement yet.

Wyrd's Mage 2E Hacks Hub

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Added No Instant Casting Hack – for making mages more bearable for crossover games with other monsters.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Added Mages development by age hack - to let Traits by spending years, not XP.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
      LGBT+ through Ages
      LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Have you done any hacks for the Nimbus ? At the moment its not likely to be used for more than to add the occasional stylistic flare to a scene.

On an unrelated note, any chance you could try updating the Imagineers ?

New experiences are the font of creativity, when seeking inspiration, break your routine.

The Agathos Kai Sophos, an Acanthus Legacy of strategists
        The Szary Strażnik, an Obrimos Legacy of Scholars of the Glyphs of Fate

Comment

Originally posted by KaiserAfini View Post
          Have you done any hacks for the Nimbus ? At the moment its not likely to be used for more than to add the occasional stylistic flare to a scene.
          I was thinking about something about two years ago - but did not get anywhere with it. As I now pass much more into other gamelines, I will probably not return to Mage Hacks before Signs of Sorcery ( to check what is official and what is not ).

Originally posted by KaiserAfini View Post
          On an unrelated note, any chance you could try updating the Imagineers ?
          I'm not good on Legacy updates to 2E. There is semi-official topic on updates run by 21C Hermit - ask him for update, maybe.

LGBT+ through Ages
          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Can I run a hack by people with a head for game mechanics (i.e., not me)? I want magic to be more dangerous, scary, unpredictable, and generally a pain in the ass, but I don't want to complicate the rules much. My first thought was just to flat-out eliminate any and all free Reach; if you Reach, you gain paradox, full stop. But I don't know what kind of knock-on effects that might have overall, because, again, no head for mechanics.

I was thinking of being relatively merciful and allowing a free reach for your greater arcanum, but charging mana for every improvised spell, but I'm planning on going with a "Just pick a greater and lesser arcana of your choice that reflects your character, don't worry too much about Path" hack anyway so it's not really that big a deal.
            Last edited by Professor Phobos; 06-19-2019, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Professor Phobos View Post
              Can I run a hack by people with a head for game mechanics (i.e., not me)? I want magic to be more dangerous, scary, unpredictable, and generally a pain in the ass, but I don't want to complicate the rules much. My first thought was just to flat-out eliminate any and all free Reach; if you Reach, you gain paradox, full stop. But I don't know what kind of knock-on effects that might have overall, because, again, no head for mechanics.

I was thinking of being relatively merciful and allowing a free reach for your greater arcanum, but charging mana for every improvised spell, but I'm planning on going with a "Just pick a greater and lesser arcana of your choice that reflects your character, don't worry too much about Path" hack anyway so it's not really that big a deal.
              Not really the right thread for this.

Comment

Working...
              X