No announcement yet.

Gloria Mundi - 2e update, help needed.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gloria Mundi - 2e update, help needed.

I want to run Gloria Mundi with my family. I need however (obviously) to update it to 2e. Could anyone help?

Simurgh, Mysterium Thyrsus in Mountains of Shadow (IC|OOC)

What kind of help do you want specifically?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      What kind of help do you want specifically?
      I need to rearrange rotes and for Morrigan and Jack, starting Arcana(they've got Spirit 1 and Forces 1, respectively - all Inferior Arcana). And give additional Merits (mostly Shadow Name).

I already decided that Sins should be Inferno Demons, resonant with Mind and Spirit.

Adam becomes simply withdrawn from the Assembly, and (big difference) actually uses sleeper Ars Goetia as Techné.

I need to decide if Adam's summoning circle is in Latin, Hebrew or Enochian (latter looks a lot like (at least accented) High Speech, and is alledgely notoriously lacking in the warding departament).

Sins also need their Numena translated into 2e Numena (3-5) and Manifestations (2).

Comment

About the Sins, when the SAS was written they hadn't thought of goetics yet and that probably most accurately represents them. It also helps to explain what makes Adam so placid about everything, when you remove a goetic entity from yourself you lose that part of your personality and he basically removed all his selfish motivators.

Comment

Ogma got Shadow Name 2 and Professional Training 3 (Investigation, Empathy, Subterfuge). He also got specialities in Hidden Feeling and Misdirection. Now I need to decide Contacts 2 (from PT) and Praxis (rotes are Emotional Urging, Interconnection, Deepen Shadows (same bonus as 1e Shadow Sculpting), Isolation and Psychic Scan).

Comment

Clarify Rotes vs Praxis please.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrmdubois View Post
              Clarify Rotes vs Praxis please.
              Rote = Reach as if Master, add Skill Yantra. Get 6 dots of.
              Praxis = Ex. Success on 3 successes, not 5. Get 1 free per Gnosis.

Comment

For contacts 2, I'd leave him with Police (there's that police officer he chats to, it's nicely set up), and maybe give him a contact at Harvard. He had to go to university somewhere, and it would be useful as a way into the very final story.

Comment

Here I'm hoping you could share your conversion document once it's ready, pretty please?

Comment

Eh, I'm just updating sheets and translating character descriptions in Russian.

Comment

Tyrrhenus and Morrigan all done. I gave the former Lex Magica as a stopgap. If someone has a better idea, or an idea for a Consilium function (remember, he has only Status 1), please share them.

I also had to shift Tyrrhenus' Attributes to qualify for Dream (Presence to Composure), now he's Pre 2 Man 2 Comp 3
                      Last edited by Tambov; 05-08-2016, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Jack is next. What is the best thing to replace Thrall?

Comment

Sheets almost done, need Dedicated Tools and Morrigan's 6th Arcana dot.

Comment

Originally posted by Tambov View Post
                            Jack is next. What is the best thing to replace Thrall?
                            How about Mentor? They're the same path and order if I remember right.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

How about Mentor? They're the same path and order if I remember right.
                              Too late D: Jack got Destiny 2, Techne (british folklore) 2, Between the Ticks 2, Shadow Name 2 and Inspiring 3... wait. That's 11 dots. I'll replace Inspiring (was Occultation in the first draft) with Mentor 2 (Occult, Streetwise, Subterfuge).

Edit: he's the same path, but another Order. I'll just give him Mind 3 and the Skald Legacy. And Gnosis 5, since he's a Master. Jack still got the soul stone, though.

I think I'll leave dedicated tools for the players. That still leaves Morrigan with only five dots of Arcana assigned, and leading towards either Bokor or Stygian Herald depending on whether she cleans up her act (so no help from expected Legacy).
                              Last edited by Tambov; 05-09-2016, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X