Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ganonso
    replied
    Actually you know what.Raging elements who can be bargained with. That totally in the range of Inuit myth and esthetic. One advantage would be to avoid the correlation with the Aether with two Fire Realms.

Leave a comment:

• Dataweaver
    replied
    “The Realm is one of raging elemental forces, but not in the sense of the raw power of the Aether — the Sixth Realm is made of flame, lightning, freezing cold, and crashing sound, but they move with purpose, filled with alien intelligence that can be contacted and — for those that learn the Path well — coerced into doing the new mage's bidding. The inhabitants are beings made out of the same purposeful energy, creatures of smokeless flame that the Pentacle orders, at least, are calling Djinn.”
    Mage Chronicler's Guide, p.100

Leave a comment:

• ZealousChristian24
    replied
    Speaking more generally, maybe a focus on accession, high places, and the sky?

Leave a comment:

• glamourweaver
    replied
    Well Qaf as a concept is supposed to be a Mountain and somehow surround the world, so I actually do think it works as the Supernal Realm.

Leave a comment:

• ganonso
    replied
    Egyptian called the desert around their home Deshret the place of desolation whence ennemies came from. It was the land of chaos so maybe nice for a Forces/Spirit. I think the lack of Prime would translate in Mage's imagery as a wasteland.

Leave a comment:

• Dataweaver
    replied
    Still need a replacement Realm for Mount Qaf, something that works better as an environment (what Maestros Mage Sight sees) than as a place.

Leave a comment:

• Dataweaver
    replied
    Might Oxlahun work better as an Emanation, as with Yggdrasil?

OK; Serpents it is. For now, there are Serpents in Elysium.

And to the extent that there's any “canon” associated with a purely fandom product, consider your Sophroi Aeons canonized.

(I figure that when Signs of Sorcery comes out, I'll update this further, paralleling the expanded Supernal Realms from there.)

Leave a comment:

• ganonso
    replied
    Oxlahun the Maya equivalent of Olympus looks like a pyramid fused with a giant tree. It could work well for the Path imagery.

Ok I'm biaised because when I see a Life/Death Path I think of South America. (It's my headcanon the Sophroi Aeon are Xipe Totec and Santa Muerte though) Mesoamericans did an interesting symbolic link between bones and seed and the whole "spill blood to feed the universe" is great praxis for Life/Death

For the Supernal inhabitants Serpents would be the best fit. Ents have zero Death symbolism while Serpent is a pretty common symbol for the cycle of Life and Death. Also it's a mythic rule everywhere there are mystic trees there are serpentine guardians.
    Last edited by ganonso; 05-07-2016, 07:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• glamourweaver
    replied
    Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
    that would be a decent nickname for a so for a Sophros, though so would reaper, planter, and gardener.

someone suggested Elysium as a possible supernal realm for another path. I think it might work well for this path.

Definitely, it evokes the Eleusinian Mysteries. (Ok, yes, I know the name actually comes from Eleusis, but it still fits and the words are related)

Leave a comment:

• Dataweaver
    replied
    Fair enough.

Leave a comment:

• CrackedMan
    replied
    I think of Mediums as the bridge between the living and the dead.

Leave a comment:

• Dataweaver
    replied
    that would be a decent nickname for a so for a Sophros, though so would reaper, planter, and gardener.

someone suggested Elysium as a possible supernal realm for another path. I think it might work well for this path.
    Last edited by Dataweaver; 05-07-2016, 03:58 AM.

Leave a comment:

• WHW
    replied
    Harvesters?

Leave a comment:

• Dataweaver
    replied
    That's a little too Death-themed. Remember, Life and Death; the cycle of the seasons, with Spring and Summer aligning with Life while Autumn and Winter align with Death. Persephone is in the Underworld only one season of the year, maybe two; she's in the land of the living for at least two others.

Leave a comment:

• CrackedMan
    replied
    If you are looking for a second sobriquet for Sophros, might I suggest Mediums? Death themed without being Necromancers. And for the "they summon the" part, what about Spectres or Wraiths?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X