[2E] Hack - No Inferior Arcanum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2E] Hack - No Inferior Arcanum

It’s very straight forward hack – it’s described in the topic. For those that do not like that Acanthus cannot command Forces, Moros have always problems with Spirit or Obrimos cannot study Death ( poor Echo Walkers ). Topic for talking over implications of this hack.

I want only to point out that Inferior Arcanum can be learned by mages of particular Path – only they need teacher of the Path that has this Arcanum as Ruling or Common. It’s just much, much harder to learn for characters. My own one gaming group wanted this hack, but other did not, wanting to work as teachers to one another. Talk this through with players.

No Inferior Arcanum Hack
    • Previous Inferior Arcanum of Path becomes Common.
    • Soul Stones cannot be made in to Annulities ( See Tome of Mysteries for more info ).

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
    It’s very straight forward hack – it’s described in the topic. For those that do not like that Acanthus cannot command Forces, Moros have always problems with Spirit or Obrimos cannot study Death ( poor Echo Walkers ). Topic for talking over implications of this hack.

I want only to point out that Inferior Arcanum can be learned by mages of particular Path – only they need teacher of the Path that has this Arcanum as Ruling or Common. It’s just much, much harder to learn for characters. My own one gaming group wanted this hack, but other did not, wanting to work as teachers to one another. Talk this through with players.

No Inferior Arcanum Hack
    • Previous Inferior Arcanum of Path becomes Common.
    • Soul Stones cannot be made in to Annulities ( See Tome of Mysteries for more info ).
    What do you mean "Can not"? They can not START with dots in it, but that's all.

Comment

It's a solution. I admit I prefer "you choose your inferior Arcanum and work out why it's a blind post in your magic". Notably because Annulities are awesome.
      l,

Comment

I think your 'hack' is actually how the rules are. By default, you can't start with dots in your inferior Arcanum, but in play you can take it up to 2 on your own, and only need a teacher to get beyond that point. Not only that, if you do then join a legacy which has it as a Ruling Arcanum, it becomes another Ruling Arcanum for you, thus giving you three Ruling Arcana and no Inferior Arcanum.

Unless, of course, I've totally missed something about what you said.

Comment

I don't think it tremendously changes things. For the most part, you lose some flavor, and you shave off a few necessary character interactions. I don't know what Annulities are, but they are a toolbox item, not core, so it doesn't matter very much. But Acanthus can command Forces already, Obrimos can study Death, etc, it's just that higher principles require much more guidance.

Does anyone really care about Arcana being Inferior? It seems like such a trifle, you can keep them or drop them without radically affecting the game...
          Last edited by Verge; 07-03-2016, 07:40 PM.

LFP: American Carnage (Werewolf: the Forsaken)

Comment

Or that character can choose any non-Ruling to make, per each Annulities? Would that fly with idea?

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
            LGBT+ through Ages
            LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
            X