X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pale_Crusader View Post
    Crowns I have cobbled together

Chancellor - Exarch of Matter
    The Chancellor (Mammon) grants the Crown of Wealth. The character adds her Matter dots to their Resources for purposes of applying soft leverage, making purchases and availability. When someone accepts soft leverage from the character, the character regains a Mana.
    Nemesis - Exarch of Spirit
    The Nemesis grants the Crown of Veils. The character benefits that spirits must subtract the character's Spirit dots from any roll concerning the character, from perceiving him, recalling anything about him, or attempting to affect him in anyway. The character also has no naturally occurring Resonant conditions and may reflexively invoke a Clash of Wills on attempts to establish such a Condition.
    Prophet - Exarch of Time
    The Prophet grants the Crown of Greatness. The character adds his Time dots to their Destiny, which may exceed the standard limits of that merit. When regaining Willpower from the Destiny's Doom also regain a Mana.
    Psychopomp - Exarch of Death
    The Psychopomp grants the Crown of Woe. When someone is attempting to open the character's Doors using one or more Merits, the Seer may reduce each of her opponent’s social Merits by her Death dots, denying the use of any techniques “lost” by instinctively ignoring them with a death hardened heart.
    Raptor - Exarch of Life
    The Raptor grants the Crown of Carnality. The character gains an additional Vice, and regains one point of Mana every time she gains Willpower through either Vice. Also, she may apply Soft Leverage through preternaturally potent sexual favors in Social maneuvering, counting her Life dots and Striking Looks Merits as if they were Resources for that purpose.
    Ruin - Exarch of Fate
    The Ruin grants the Crown of Banality. The character benefits that everyone must subtract the character's Fate dots from any roll to learn anything about him that isn't solely mundane and banal. Supernatural attempts to make the character stand out or seem special may be reflexively resisted by a Clash of Wills. In particular the seer's active supernatural effects don't alert Peripheral Mage Sight.

I am very interested feed back and what other people have come up with.
    Didn't see this thread and made my own, someone was kind enough to link me to this thread so I am reposting here.

“Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, and drunkenness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.” ~ Aristophanes
    "Virescit Vulnere Virtus" ~ Stewart Clan Motto

Comment

Page 122 of Signs of Sorcery has three new official Crowns Scaricty (Chancellor ), Instinct (Raptor) and Agency (Prophet)

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

I wouldn't mind someone cobbling together a new version of the Crown of Instinct since surrendering/beaten down is an optional rules system. Beaten Down also has other sources, but the optional system should be by far the most common source so kinda underwhelming for anyone who doesn't use it.

Bloodline: The Stygians
        Ordo Dracul Mysteries: Mystery of Smoke, Revised Mystery of Živa
        Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Originally posted by Tessie View Post
          I wouldn't mind someone cobbling together a new version of the Crown of Instinct since surrendering/beaten down is an optional rules system. Beaten Down also has other sources, but the optional system should be by far the most common source so kinda underwhelming for anyone who doesn't use it.
          The lack of wound penalties and extra Doors are a nice touch though.

I'm a tad confused with the utility of the Agency Crown. Temporal Sympathy to one's personal history doesn't seem like it would come up often and the scaling benefit appears to counter when said Sympathy is used against the Prelate.

Thoughts ripple out, birthing others

Comment

Originally posted by FallenEco View Post
            The lack of wound penalties and extra Doors are a nice touch though.
            It's something but it's not nearly enough, imo. Ignoring wound penalties and adding extra Doors are both represented through mundane Merits. All the other Crowns adds a supernatural advantage that is difficult to get through other means (short of casting a spell to replicate the effect).

Mage The Awakening: Spell Quick Reference (single page and landscape for computer screens)

Comment

Originally posted by FallenEco View Post
              I'm a tad confused with the utility of the Agency Crown. Temporal Sympathy to one's personal history doesn't seem like it would come up often and the scaling benefit appears to counter when said Sympathy is used against the Prelate.
              It probably makes more sense in light of SoS saying that most Mages have their Temporal Sympathy to life before Awakening reduced to Weak.

Comment

Well, everyone's temporal sympathy ranges from connected to weak, iirc. The weird part is that it works for everyone without distinction, creating an advantage that can just as much become a weakness. But I think the Eye Crown worked similarly (unless asymmetrical sympathy is a thing) so maybe not that weird.

Comment

That's probably the reason there's a time delay before time magic kicks in. If the Prelate doesn't want to be affected by someone then they have a chance to do something about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrmdubois View Post
                    That's probably the reason there's a time delay before time magic kicks in. If the Prelate doesn't want to be affected by someone then they have a chance to do something about it.
                    Unfortunately that's also a two edged sword (as currently written; not saying that it's intended). It's far less likely to be an issue since people shouldn't know that much about the effects of your Crown and thus be unlikely to plan around it, but it's potentially possible for an enemy to retroactively set the building you're in on fire. The rest of your Pylon shifts outside because they'd never enter a building that is on fire, but you're stuck alone in the middle of a burning building for your Time dots turns. Similarly your own spells aren't exempt from the Crown, meaning that you might find yourself in a disadvantageous situation, say an ambush, that you wish to retroactively fix by never walking into that ambush in the first place, but you're stuck taking fire for your Time dots turns before the spell takes effect for you.

Comment

I feel pretty sure the time delay can or should be able to be waived.

Comment

Working...
                      X