[2E] Hack – Easier Withstood for supernaturals

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [2E] Hack – Easier Withstood for supernaturals

I generally like Withstood mechanics – only my problem is that our ancient vampires, bodhisattvas werewolf or royalty of changelings are all suitable equally as mortals to any spell you cast. Not to mention extremely enlightened Wise. So this topic is for making a slight change to this situation.

New Withstood Rule: Beings with Supernatural Advantage ( Gnosis, Blood Potency, Primal Urge, etc. ) can use this Advantage instead of normal Resistance Attribute for determining it’s Withstood. Being use half of Advantage for this purpose, rounded up.

Let the discussion about setting implications of this hack begin!

My stuff for Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E & BtP
    LGBT+ through Ages
    LGBT+ in CoD games

Been done to death already in Falco's thread.

Comment

Personally, I think it would be more in theme to just grant a reflexive Clash of Wills against spells for any supernatural with a Power Stat of 6 o more, and only when the spell in question runs counter to the being's supernatural nature. For example, an elder vampire could Clash against any effect that compels him to run away at the sight of blood, but not to a spell that makes him murder someone. It's like, the Blood or the Primal Urge or the Gnosis has a fundamental nature and some sort of will of its own, and only when said nature is threatened can the spell be countered with a Clash of Wills. In any case, it wouldn't be something that starting characters would care too much, I think. At least at my table.

Comment

Originally posted by wyrdhamster View Post
        I generally like Withstood mechanics – only my problem is that our ancient vampires, bodhisattvas werewolf or royalty of changelings are all suitable equally as mortals to any spell you cast. Not to mention extremely enlightened Wise. So this topic is for making a slight change to this situation.

New Withstood Rule: Beings with Supernatural Advantage ( Gnosis, Blood Potency, Primal Urge, etc. ) can use this Advantage instead of normal Resistance Attribute for determining it’s Withstood. Being use half of Advantage for this purpose, rounded up.

Let the discussion about setting implications of this hack begin!
        I think we are all doing that already

Comment

Not everyone is.

Comment

Since a supernatural with a high power stat can get equally high Resistance Attributes, doesn't this just cripple lower power stat supernaturals?

Comment

No because it's an either or proposition.

Comment

Gotcha, didn't read the can part. This seems to be the go-to homebrew for people who want it, though I'd probably just add the power stat to whatever the Resistance Attribute was.

Comment

As has been mentioned, there's already been a lot of discussion about this in my own thread.

Storytellers' Vault supplements (WoD, CoD)
                  My Patreon! (Current CofD bonuses: Fae Sorcery for Vampires, Generic Blood Tenebrous, and Theurgy for Second Sight)

Comment

Working...
                  X