Upcoming 2E Legacies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming 2E Legacies

Hi! I tried to search in the forums, but no luck. Does anybody know what are the next Legacies DaveB will redesign from its 1st edition version in blogs?

Sisterhood of the Blessed (Ladder or Seers / Acanthus)
    Eleventh Question (Guardian or Mysterium / Moros) - already in the corebook
    Perfected Adept (Arrow or Council / Obrimos)
    Cryptologos (Council or Mysterium / Mastigos)
    Orphans of Proteus (Mysterium or Arrow / Thyrsus)

The Adepts, Sisterhood and Cryptologos are all back-of-beermat converted already for my own game, as they're the Legacies my players' characters have taken. The Redoubtable Neall Raemonn Price is working up the Orphans as a hobby project.

Bonus round, for if we find ourselves overburdened with time, will be:

House of Ariadne (Mysterium or Seers / Acanthus)
    Forge Masters (Arrow or Council / Moros)
    Clavicularius / Bene Ashmedai (Ladder or Seers / Mastigos)
    Dreamspeakers (Council / Thyrsus)
    Daksha (Mysterium or Guardian / Obrimos)

Although they will have to wait until after Signs of Sorcery comes out - the Clavicularius and Forge Masters in particular have Attainments based on spells from that book.
    Last edited by Dave Brookshaw; 07-10-2016, 05:06 PM.

Dave Brookshaw

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brookshaw View Post

The Adepts, Sisterhood and Cryptologos are all back-of-beermat converted already for my own game, as they're the Legacies my players' characters have taken. The Redoubtable Neall Raemonn Price is working up the Orphans as a hobby project.

Although they will have to wait until after Signs of Sorcery comes out - the Clavicularius and Forge Masters in particular have Attainments based on spells from that book.
      So what's the deal with making almost all of the Legacies have two Orders? I do get a few of them, like the Eleventh Question, Cryptologos, Forge Masters, and all of the "or Seers" ones barring the House of Ariadne. On the other hand, some just really don't make sense to me, and feel kind of arbitrary; I mean, what's especially Libertine about the Perfected Adepts that makes the Free Council a Parent Order along with the Arrow over any of the other Orders? Or what's so Guardian-y about the Daksha? Or Mysterium-y/Arrow-y about the Orphans of Proteus?

Now, I fully understand that any Legacy's doctrine can mesh well with that of any Order, but I believe a Legacy's Parent Order(s) should be exemplary matches with the Legacy, and not just OK fits, which is what's weirding me out by some of the above choices.

Comment

Perfected Adept FC: Probably buying into the idea of bodily perfectionists, the wave of crossfit and new age means of reaching satisfaction if not enlightenment with your body.

Daksha Guardians: They're basically racist against non-transgender, especially Sleepers, and the Guardians have a kind of split, on the one hand they have to protect Sleepers on the other their lives would have less hassles if they didn't need to protect them so assiduously.

Orphans of Proteus Mysterium: The Mysterium want to explore the limits of the world via magic and the place of magic in the world and Orphans let them either blend in and minimize the observer effect or experience the outlandish strangeness of being some other kind of species, mineral, etc and apply their magical insight.

That's just off the top of my head really rough idea, but anyways, since any Mage from anywhere can join a legacy is they can make a Praxis that the first attainment can be based on then it makes sense that people from multiple Orders might show an interest. Being an exemplary match doesn't have much to do with it, as long as you can manage to make yourself an ideological match somehow.

Comment

Praxis way is superior anyway, because it gives you beats. Which isn't bad, because it makes sense even appropiate Orders and Paths can and often will train for it.

Comment

Are the Clavicularius and the Bene Ashmedai possibilities for both the Ladder and the Seers or does this imply that the former is a Ladder Legacy and the latter a Seers one?

Historian ~ www.cronistasdastrevasbr.com

I currently ST a... MtAW 2e campaign called "Axis Mundi - Si Vis Pacem"

Comment

They're both eligible for either the Ladder or the Seers. Legacies have an unnerving tendency to cross-pollinate.

Comment

In truth the Free Council would fit for any legacy, they are far from a homogenized group easily containing militant groups, social oriented groups and mystics.

Comment

This is much, much better than I thought about. I'm really looking forward to Round 1 Legacies, but especially to Round 2 Legacies!

Comment

Well, these are Legacies I'm steering clear of, now And I can get to work doing my conversions for a few others from 1E.

"My Homebrew Hub"
                    Age of Azar
                    The Kingdom of Yamatai

Comment

Originally posted by Obsidian Pharaoh View Post
                      I mean, what's especially Libertine about the Perfected Adepts that makes the Free Council a Parent Order along with the Arrow over any of the other Orders?
                      I'd wager that the legacy's ties to "chi" and other concepts in traditional Chinese medicine are what associate it with the Free Council. I figure the writeup will mention something about one of the Nameless orders that founded the Perfected Adepts going on to found the Free Council, or something like that.
                      Last edited by Strill; 07-11-2016, 02:26 AM.

Comment

Daksha Guardians? I'm profoundly disturbed just by reading these two words together.

~

Comment

While I agree on general direction with coming of Two Parent Orders ( I'm the one proposing to remake Uncrowned Kings in to Silver Ladder and Free Council group ), I'm a bit worried that it seems like (almost) every Legacy now have dual Orders, even those not meshing good in two groups.

Also, I'm always assumed that every Pentacle group can have Seers of Throne faction, so I even did not count them as Parent Order...

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
                          LGBT+ through Ages
                          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Why? Having a standard design formula ("there are always 2 Orders, 1 Path, and a Praxis methods of entrance") is a good, consolidated approach that keeps thing consistent.

Comment

Above lists seems like putting Seers is more: 'We do not have idea what second Pentacle Order would work in this example - Okay, we must put second Order, so it will be Seers'. Or things like Guardian Dakasha.

I'm all for opening format to second Paret Order - but not making it ironclad standard. And not count Seers in it, as from what I understand setting, Seers can almost always have their own version of any Legacy.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
                              LGBT+ through Ages
                              LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

Working...
                              X