Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changes in the 2nd edition definitive pdf?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes in the 2nd edition definitive pdf?

Has somebody already skimmed the book and can tell us what are the changes with respect the previous version? I already have (more or less) an idea on how the rules work, but I don't really want to re-read the whole book trying to find what details have changed...

Thanks!

There were errata previewed here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxv...ZJdEhIM2c/view I don't know if it's complete, but it's somewhere to start.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by General Tacticus View Post
        There were errata previewed here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxv...ZJdEhIM2c/view I don't know if it's complete, but it's somewhere to start.

I checked two or three of the erratas and they seem to have all been included. I'll be looking at it later tonight and will try and note any other changes I see.

Comment

Book is now live at DriveThru?

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
          LGBT+ through Ages
          LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

It has been available at DriveThru for a while now, the 'final download' pdf is now available, with errata from the errata sticky presumably.

Comment

Checking new PDF... Life 4 Regeneration still do not have Lasting option.

My stuff for Realms of Pugmire, Scion 2E, CoD Contagion, Dark Eras, VtR 2E, WtF 2E, MtAw 2E, MtC 2E & BtP
              LGBT+ through Ages
              LGBT+ in CoD games

Comment

The errata document didn't say it would...

Going by Willow now, or Wil for short. She/Her/Hers.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
                  The errata document didn't say it would...

In fact, I'm pretty sure I've said it wouldn't, as it's not a mistake.

Dave Brookshaw

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Brookshaw View Post
                    In fact, I'm pretty sure I've said it wouldn't, as it's not a mistake.
                    Indeed, and the wording is pretty clear that it is often cast with Indefinite Duration, which wouldn't be necessary if it could be made Lasting.

Is there any chance the FAQ or some later resource will have more detailed guidelines for using Lasting in Creative Thaumaturgy? It's often hard to tell what should be Lasting by default, what should have a +2 Reach option to make it Lasting, and what should not be able to be made Lasting.

Comment

I still wish it were a little clearer how to allocate spell factors for imbued items, but I like most of the changes - especially the 1 free reach for proximi.

Mage: the Ascension - Redesigned Prime Sphere; Streamlined Wonder Creation
                      Mummy: the Curse - Lightweight 2E Conversion; Disciples of Duat

Comment

In the Table of Contents, is the 'highlighting' around the 'Level of Arcana' supposed to be like that? For instance Master of Death.

Comment

Originally posted by Octavo View Post
                          I still wish it were a little clearer how to allocate spell factors for imbued items
                          Would spell factors not be applied normally, as penalties to the dice pool?

Comment

Originally posted by Charlaquin View Post
                            Would spell factors not be applied normally, as penalties to the dice pool?
                            Only if you are the person who imbued it, and you haven't relinquished it.

Page 196: "Most mages relinquish spells after they have imbued them (see p. 118), but if the mage retains control over an item’s spell, she may alter its spell factors when the item casts it, and even cancel it as though she cast it herself."

I'm not sure if spell factors are reduced to defaults following relinquishment or if they retain the spell factors of the last spell cast from the item prior to relinquishment. I'm also not sure what spell factors to assign when an imbued item is purchased as a merit.

Hopefully, I'm misreading something, and all this will be addressed in the FAQ.
                            Last edited by Octavo; 09-27-2016, 04:52 PM.

Mage: the Ascension - Redesigned Prime Sphere; Streamlined Wonder Creation
                            Mummy: the Curse - Lightweight 2E Conversion; Disciples of Duat

Comment

Signs of Sorcery is supposed to talk about Imbued Items, and Artifacts, and the mechanics for how they work and creating them. It's in chapter three.

'...Enhanced Items are next, the largest set of spells in the book, covering everything from endless ammo clips to Forces spells to make devices function without power. The chapter then expands on the rules for Imbued Items, including spells allowing mages who don’t yet have Prime 4 to store spells temporarily in items as “charges”, spells to allow mages to Imbue living beings, spells that alter how relinquishing spell control works and cursed items (a fan-favourite topic in Tome of the Mysteries.) Finally, the chapter discusses the social aspects of magical item creation among the Awakened, and gives Merits so your character can tote any of the goodies described herein.'
                              Last edited by nofather; 09-27-2016, 04:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X