Tell me about your mummy characters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tell me about your mummy characters

Hey all,Korogra here! It has been a long while on my part, so how are all of you?

Noticing the comparative quietness on this forum than on the others, I thought that a fun way to break up the doldrums of this lack of activity would be asking you all about your mummy characters and any notable shenanigans they have gotten into during their stories. I rather enjoy reading about other people's player characters, and I figure other people would enjoy this too!

Thanks and as always, have a wonderful day!

Nakhte was the chieftain of a savage barbarian tribe that raided the fringe of the Empire; when they were nearly slain by grand working of Iremite sorcery, he was stunned enough that he and his men bowed and pledged allegiance on the spot. He was brought to the City of Pillars as an exotic curiosity and quickly became one of the Sesha-Hebsu's most fearsome crusaders, his fury in battle making up for his lesser grasp of magic and scripture. Nakhte's passion, zeal, and gruesome effectiveness made him a ready candidate for the Rite of Return, and he faces the Judges with no fear within him.

Throughout the long ages, Nakhte has sought out capable men and women to serve him in battle, individuals of notable military talent and religious convictions both; Kushite mercenaries, hoplite deserters, Roman legionaires, and disgraced Templars alike have served under his banner across the long ages. Among the Arisen, he displays a rare fondness for his cultusts, viewing them more as fellow (though lesser) soldiers than as disposable servants and seeking their advice in matters he lacks context for.

Unknown to Nakhte, his tribe did not receive the same fond welcome he enjoyed in Irem, laboring in chains until empty, meaningless slaughter in the Devourer's name fell upon them all. She whispered to them of revenge even as she ate their hearts, and they return from the grave as shambling Shuankhsen to harry him across his Descents. While he does not know why they hunt him so, his unwavering devotion to the gods and Judges drives him and (his well-armed cultists) to defend themselves from Ammut's slavering, lifeless minions.

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post
      Nakhte was the chieftain of a savage barbarian tribe that raided the fringe of the Empire; when they were nearly slain by grand working of Iremite sorcery, he was stunned enough that he and his men bowed and pledged allegiance on the spot. He was brought to the City of Pillars as an exotic curiosity and quickly became one of the Sesha-Hebsu's most fearsome crusaders, his fury in battle making up for his lesser grasp of magic and scripture. Nakhte's passion, zeal, and gruesome effectiveness made him a ready candidate for the Rite of Return, and he faces the Judges with no fear within him.

Throughout the long ages, Nakhte has sought out capable men and women to serve him in battle, individuals of notable military talent and religious convictions both; Kushite mercenaries, hoplite deserters, Roman legionaires, and disgraced Templars alike have served under his banner across the long ages. Among the Arisen, he displays a rare fondness for his cultusts, viewing them more as fellow (though lesser) soldiers than as disposable servants and seeking their advice in matters he lacks context for.

Unknown to Nakhte, his tribe did not receive the same fond welcome he enjoyed in Irem, laboring in chains until empty, meaningless slaughter in the Devourer's name fell upon them all. She whispered to them of revenge even as she ate their hearts, and they return from the grave as shambling Shuankhsen to harry him across his Descents. While he does not know why they hunt him so, his unwavering devotion to the gods and Judges drives him and (his well-armed cultists) to defend themselves from Ammut's slavering, lifeless minions.
      Ooh what is his position now in modern times?

Comment

Originally posted by Korogra View Post

Ooh what is his position now in modern times?
        I haven't had the luck to play him yet, so largely undefined: I've toyed with him being at the heart of a British PMC, handed down from the man who came across him in 1940s North Africa to his grand-daughter in the present day, but I also like the idea of him having a few centuries missing that results in an American Descent - possibly buried with Aztec gold?

Call me Regina or Lex.

Female pronouns for me, please.

Comment

Originally posted by atamajakki View Post

I haven't had the luck to play him yet, so largely undefined: I've toyed with him being at the heart of a British PMC, handed down from the man who came across him in 1940s North Africa to his grand-daughter in the present day, but I also like the idea of him having a few centuries missing that results in an American Descent - possibly buried with Aztec gold?
          Eldorado references ahoy!

PMCs are so useful

Comment

Working...
          X