On the Spontaneous Arising of Non-Iremite Mummies

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by reseru View Post
    While there does seem like there might be less magic, what makes you think it was the Rite itself that drained it?
    I have this memory of some throw-away line in one of the Mummy books (like I said, I think it might have been Book of the Deceived) that gave me that impression. There's a chance it was just talking about the hiding of Seba from the world, but I thought it was actually about something a bit more concrete.

Originally posted by Dataweaver View Post
    Query: would the Purified (from World of Darkness: Immortals) count as Deathless or Lifeless? Because they're what I'd use as a baseline for non-Iremite mummies.
    They're not undead at all, right? Wouldn't count as either.

Comment

Query: would the Purified (from World of Darkness: Immortals) count as Deathless or Lifeless? Because they're what I'd use as a baseline for non-Iremite mummies.
      I think Arisen would definitely count them among the Lifeless. Whether they ought to is a different question (though at least one meaning of "Lifeless" seems to be "undead or immortal being we don't understand enough to bother respecting," which applies to the Purified well enough).
      Last edited by SunlessNick; 01-11-2017, 08:13 AM.

Comment

I like the points you're making in response to mine, and I agree with them all.

The books basically state that the Deathless are 'true' mummies, one defining feature at least being the Memory trait, and every other undead thing as Lifeless...though amkhata are counted among Lifeless so idk

Comment

I'm not sure they would count as either. Purified are more like human-Spirits (or Spirits that think they are the original person...?), in that they interact with Spirits, use Essence like Spirits, can reform like Spirits, etc. I could easily see a Ghost variant that might get classified as Lifeless, but one distinguishing thing about the Purified is that they are alive when they are in their body (not using a life-like mask, as the Arisen do, nor "faking" life signs, like vampires do).

Malkydel: "And the Machine dictated; let there be adequate illumination."
          Yossarian: "And lo, it was optimal."

Comment

Working...
          X